Sign in to follow this  
Jybfan04

Hd 62 CDT comp set

I plan on purchasing these soon but need to get a decent amp can somebody recommend me one?

Really depends on the amp you know but price really isn't my concern so just throw in a few amps..

I believe they can take 150-200 watts @ 4 ohm...

The ZED Gladius or Deuce on the SSA Shop along with the Draconia if you want to go active. The Sundowns are also available.

I plan on purchasing these soon but need to get a decent amp can somebody recommend me one?

Good set man, I run these in my car.

:fing34:

Don't expect too much in the way of midbass from them. For me they are competent enough, they have a very nice midrange.

I run them active off of a PG Tantrum 600.4 (75x4.) I used to run them passive and fed them 300 watts a side and they never complained.

If you install them in door you're going to want to put some type of protection over the top of them so they don't get water damaged. Paper cones + water = not good.

Best of luck to you bro.

CT

I would vote for the Zed Draconia. Great clean power. I opted for the Burr Brown chip, Steve said it would be the way to go if your looking for SQ. Your also have many option as far as crossover set-up.I reccomend going to the site and reading the manual and features his amps have to offer. Zedaudio.com

Ewww.......CDT's..............I hate those things.

That is all.

May I ask why?

What set did you hear?

CT

I have heard the HD's and the Euro's IIRC.....bah. Not impressed at all.

There are several variants of the HD's which set did you hear in particular?

You are the first person I have read say they didn't like the HD's...

but everyone is entitled to there own opinion..

:lol:

I would have to look, but that is too much work to justify my opinion. I put a set I got for $30 in the wifes car.......she didnt like them, I didnt like them....I dont think anyone liked them. But, I figured I would take a chance and maybe my thought on them would change. Nope. When we got rid of the car, we got rid of those POS.

the HD-62 is pretty good, but the HD-62US really reigns supreme. It takes quite a bit of power and gives u excellent some if placed right. They are expensive but well worth it. Im going with the HD-62US M6 which upgrades ur 6.5" woofer to a more powerful 6.75" woofer, a 1" silk main tweeter and a 0.75" upstage tweeter.....the specs say 250watts rms with a 100Hz high pass but Imma run mine at 80Hz with about 250rms because I personally know that it will take 300rms and up if you set it up right.

two tweeters is a bandaid and a bad idea IMO.

I would have to look, but that is too much work to justify my opinion. I put a set I got for $30 in the wifes car.......she didnt like them, I didnt like them....I dont think anyone liked them. But, I figured I would take a chance and maybe my thought on them would change. Nope. When we got rid of the car, we got rid of those POS.

Highly doubt it was the Hd 62's you got for 30 bucks....

the whole comp set at that..

if so somebody was really nice to you and also depends on what amp you were using to power them and how you had them setup..

Highly doubt it was the Hd 62's you got for 30 bucks....

the whole comp set at that..

if so somebody was really nice to you and also depends on what amp you were using to power them and how you had them setup..

It was not the HD's that I put in her car. Your right, I am an idiot and so are all the folks that have them that I have heard. You are not gonna change my mind about CDT. I think that they are chit. I don't care what amp you have on them, I dont care how you have them "setup".....I still think they are chit.

You are not gonna change my mind about CDT. I think that they are chit. I don't care what amp you have on them, I dont care how you have them "setup".....I still think they are chit.

Care to quantify that? I've been very pleased with my Eurosports. So much so that I just got a new setup from them. What would you recommend?

You are not gonna change my mind about CDT. I think that they are chit. I don't care what amp you have on them, I dont care how you have them "setup".....I still think they are chit.

Care to quantify that? I've been very pleased with my Eurosports. So much so that I just got a new setup from them. What would you recommend?

No. I don't care to quantify anything. You like what you like. I don't like CDT's. I am so glad that you are happy with your setup, but, you will not change my mind on this matter.

This is going along the line's of bible thumpers...you don't believe what they do so they hound you until either they break or you break and tell them to f off.

Well that escalated quickly. Deep breathes?

Personally, I am not a fan of any of the CDT sets I have heard either, primarily because there has never been enough midbass output to cross over to my substage as I would like. I have heard the ES-620's, HD-62's, and CL-62's (the ones with the titanium tweeters, I think they're TW-25T tweets or something similar). Were they ok to listen to? Sure, but output below 80 Hz is not near enough for me when I need something that will get down to 50 Hz or lower with the best of em.

My 2 cents.

No. I don't care to quantify anything. You like what you like. I don't like CDT's. I am so glad that you are happy with your setup, but, you will not change my mind on this matter.

Wasn't trying to affect your opinion, chill out! I was just curious what you didn't like about them and what speakers you do like. Trying to gauge your tastes, nothing more.

Wasn't trying to affect your opinion, chill out! I was just curious what you didn't like about them and what speakers you do like. Trying to gauge your tastes, nothing more.

OK. I just hate when you make a statement/state your opinion, and people want you to justify the way you feel, so the can tell you that what you feel is wrong and chit like that.

I loved my ID Chameleons. My Koda's were nice too. I am experimenting with a DIY 3way setup as soon as I start the install in the X.

All these were used in a active setup of course.

I have also heard the Focal Utopia's.....bah....can get better for cheaper.

What I didn't like about the CDT's was the lack of midbass. I thought they were built like chit. But one thing about them is their customer support was spot on. Out of all the speakers I have played with, ID's have felt the most sturdy. I have liked everything I have ever heard by them.....and imagine that...I am not using any of their gear.....I suck at life.

OK. I just hate when you make a statement/state your opinion, and people want you to justify the way you feel, so the can tell you that what you feel is wrong and chit like that.
Opinion is just that, not my place to say that someone's opinion is wrong. It's just when soneone comes out and says that something sucks, without even an inkling as to why, I get curious at to how they formed that opinion, especially when it is worded as yours was.

Opinion is just that, not my place to say that someone's opinion is wrong. It's just when soneone comes out and says that something sucks, without even an inkling as to why, I get curious at to how they formed that opinion, especially when it is worded as yours was.

Hehe. I am known to run off at the fingers sometimes. :D

Yea hope you don't think I was trying to change your mind about cdt hell I never ran em before jus found it odd that you got them for 30 bucks but to each his own glad you are happy with what you had jus was asking to get an respectable opinion as to why you didn't like the set.