Sign in to follow this  
steveyblack

tight fit

hey all i was taking some measure ments on my brother car(03neon) and i got the demensions of 36wide, 30 deep but only 16.7-17 inches high due to a seat belt thing...im looking for about 3.7-4 cubes, i know that i got more then enough but im wondering about the hight, im guessing 15 inch woofer pluss 2 pieces(top and bottom) of .75 mdf =16.5 inchs..that leaves .5 inches...you think that its enough high, and how do top firing subs sound and is there a difference, if there isnt enough hight i guess ill try that...thanks

Edited by steveyblack

Well...16in is cutting it close..i mean think about the support issues...

If I were you, Id do an angle front or back and mount the sub on that...

Someone did it with an 18in BL in there older car so it would fit 8 cubes...

Should be fine, the flanges on the basket/screws will just go over top of the top and bottom layers of the basket

Should be fine, the flanges on the basket/screws will just go over top of the top and bottom layers of the basket

you mean as long as the sub its self is in the box but the screws can go into the top and bottom pieces of the box

So long as your measurements are right it should be fine...

Sub OD: 15.625

getting it in is going to be fun

X2 Good luck with that. The size of my trunk wasnt usually the problem. It was the size of the actual opening and being able to slide the **** thing in there. I had to change my box design about four times before I got it to be able to fit into my trunk and still have the volume I needed.

Sign in to follow this