ronrico418

FI sign in newbies too

hey guys been into the car audio for a bit now and after a couple of subs but they didnt give me what i wanted from them except for a 10" pioneer premier but after my love for the bass gave in i turned the amp(JL Audio 500/1) and HU up all the way to see what it could do i tore it up still works but cant turn it up as loud as i want without hearing the cone. ya might give me hell for this but i've always thought bout goin with JL W7 i've heard them and they sound great but after researching the forums i've heard some good things bout Fi and im thinking about the Q or BL. mostly looking for SQ and some great low end bass that shakes everything. im leaning towards a 10 cause i have a reg cab truck dont have much space and like the tight bass they give out but also like 12's because of the air mass they move, also what amp would u guys recommend for the Q. and how does the Q and BL compare to a W7 if they do?

Hi, I've gone through 4 or 5 systems and each one i try to make it louder and louder! I've had kicker vr, cvrs, l5, l7, then a RE SE and now i gotta 15" Loaded BTL. Jensen indash touchscreen, 2 hifonics bxi 1606s, 1 hifonics zxi6406, yellow top, alpine type 6.5s, knukoncepts 0 gauge wiring, and a dream cast to play my old school fighting games =)

With the 15" SE, i was defintely the kid with the loudest bass in my high school. I would get tons of lookers and mean looking old people, but now with the 15" BTL, wen i drive into the parking lot of my work thumping, my co worker tells me the glass windows are shaking and his pencil is scuffling across his desk!! OMFG!! it doesnt even sound as loud from the outside of my truck, as it did when i had the RE SE, i guess it has to do with low freq notes that the human ear cant pickup, but it still throws the vibration far!!

god i would love to have meades setup! 4 18"s jus sounds rediculously amazing!

Hi everybody i just recieved a Fi BTL 15 (fully loaded) i will be running a single Autotek MX-5000 which is 2400w rms @ 2 ohms. i thought this would be a great choice since these amps used to be so strong. i actually thing its underrated. has anyone ever benched one of these things to see what it would reach? well anyways im new to the fi community. i will be throwing this in the trunk of an 05 civic. i need ideas for boxes...any imput would be appreciated..thanks

ohhhh where am i?? :jump:

Screw Steve Meade. Galamonkey's setup is way better :drink40:

He no longer has that setup with the 4 18s. I don't want to touch that comment with a 10ft pole other than to say that.

But in the spirit of this thread. I'll say something.

I will be running:

A strapped pair of Sundown 1500d's

2 Fi Q 15's w/bp option

I'll leave out the rest for they dont pertain to fi.

But, this will be done in a blowthrough of a 99ranger.

Just a little 'heads up' as well..

It's not FI (eff eye)

It's Fi...as in Figh

The i is lower case...and in turn makes it short for 'fidelity' or 'high fi' etc etc yadda yadda /ramble.

Never Nick NEVER... lol jk

Ive got a Re XXX and a Fi XXX waiting to get dustcaped... got the boob style caps and got them airbrushed... im not to pleased with the result but hopefully i can get them cleaned up

Im new to the forum and to my soon to be here 18" Fi BTL Fully loaded. However not new to car audio. Where can I get some specs for the 18" BTl Fully Loaded?