Sign in to follow this  
blazinlow

Looking for suggestions!

I used to have an RE audio 15" hc with 1500 watts. I can't remember the exact specs of the enclosure (4.5-6^3 ft.) except that it was tuned to 32 hz with alot of port area.

What does Fi car audio offer that can up this setup?

Thanks guys

-Jer

I used to have an RE audio 15" hc with 1500 watts. I can't remember the exact specs of the enclosure (4.5-6^3 ft.) except that it was tuned to 32 hz with alot of port area.

What does Fi car audio offer that can up this setup?

Thanks guys

-Jer

A bl or a btl and 2000 watts would make your pants happy.

Ported for the btl, the bl can be in both, the q is an amazing sq sub as well, preforms both in ported and sealed.

Should be a little louder....what about a pair of SSD's ported?

For comparison, a Q is on par with an XBL2 XXX.

So 2 Q'2 would be a ton of great sounding bass. But the Q should be able to handle the 1500 watts as long as you don't go ape chit on it.

Should be a little louder....what about a pair of SSD's ported?

:fing34:

For comparison, a Q is on par with an XBL2 XXX.

So 2 Q'2 would be a ton of great sounding bass. But the Q should be able to handle the 1500 watts as long as you don't go ape chit on it.

I didnt know there were a side by side comparison of the Q and the old RE XXX? Would you have the link of the post? Would there be a fair comparison like power, type of enclosure etc.?

I think I am going to go with a single 18" Q in a 6^3 foot sealed enclosure with either 1000-1200 watts. The box will most likely be fiberglass painted black with lightning airbrushed on it. Should look sick I just hope it slams harder than my old HC that was ported in a 4^3 foot enclosure tuned to 38 hz.

Should sound better

Sign in to follow this