keswick_r/t

Wow, break in ftw!

Well i have been bumping the maw for a couple months now, and have just recently been being hard on it.

Today on the way home i was listening to late nite tip, when the whole sound changed. literally like night and day instantly. never saw, or heard anything like this before.

now it gets right down and plays the low low note in that song like the others.

at first i thought the sub was screwed, cause it sounded so different. then i realised it was playing clearer and louder than before, plus hitting lower.

anyone ever experiance this with any sub? pretty crazy huh?

The MJ-18 took some time to break in, but thats fine by me. The SSA sub is the same way.

So your saying my maw might go even lowR ?! lol.. I didn't think such a thing was possible haha..

Yea, mine is still breaking in right now, don't get to put to many hours a week on it, but soon enough it'll be good to roll.

I am still in amazment about the change. I thought i was hitting the low notes before, but now it reaches way down with some good output. the biggest difference i noticed was in late nite tip, and throw it up. i never knew throw it up had such a low note in it. its almost as los as late nite tip.

oh well, i am happy. cant wait till i port it.

I am still in amazment about the change. I thought i was hitting the low notes before, but now it reaches way down with some good output. the biggest difference i noticed was in late nite tip, and throw it up. i never knew throw it up had such a low note in it. its almost as los as late nite tip.

sounds awesome. Now vids!!!!!!

sounds awesome. Now vids!!!!!!

If its vids you want, its vids you get. :fing34: lol. I'll try to get some tonight, or tomorrow. 25hz ripples my trunk. and shakes the glass in the front door of the house pretty darn good from 15-20 ft away.

Still underpowering it though. i figure somewhere in the vicinity of 300rms going to it. got to upgrade this amp.

Man I just picture it now when you give it proper power and port it, then the beast will come alive lol. Hopefully you get the pics it would be pretty cool to see..

Justin

Edited by Justin3000

Man I just picture it now when you give it proper power and port it, then the beast will come alive lol. Hopefully you get the pics it would be pretty cool to see..

Justin

There was pics before the crash. lol, of the build and everything along with a vid. there is a vid on roe of the sub getting around 150 rms. nothing special. i will get a good vid up soon with the power i have now.

i think i have figured a way to do 2 sealed. i would prefer that to 1 ported. only thing is i couldn't have separate chambers :(. still may go ported.