oxsign

14.4 cubes enough??

I can get 14.4cubes net after sub & port displacement. Ported to 34hz with 113" port area in a wall. Will this be enough air space & port area??? I'll be using the Orion 2500d to push them both (if I get the other one) @ 1ohm. :puzzled:

Edited by oxsign

I can get 14.4cubes net after sub & port displacement. Ported to 34hz with 113" port area in a wall. Will this be enough air space & port area??? I'll be using the Orion 2500d to push them both (if I get the other one) @ 1ohm. :puzzled:

from what I here 12-15 sq in of port per cf of air space is ideal.my calculations show 105 sq in port at 7 cubes @15 per cube ft,so 210 inches of port @14cubes for two.I dont know how it would sound until u try it.personaly I would go sealed with those,they seem to be a bottom octave sub.My .02

My other option is......insted of a wall, I can keep it at the window line (9cubes), and run the sealed.

My other option is......insted of a wall, I can keep it at the window line (9cubes), and run the sealed.

all depends on what u like.do whats been good to u in the past.or u can try something new if u have the resources to scrap an attempt or 2.obviously 2 18s will be loud sealed or ported.let me know.

I'll admit I am a basshead. I like the low ends, and I like it loud. I've only have 1 sealed setup out of the many i've had. That was a lonngggg time ago.