Sign in to follow this  
Audio Junkies

Zed Home Audio?

I'm in the market for a new amp to go in the house, and I got to thinking...

Anyone know if Steve ever had his hand in making any home audio amplifiers? I know he does A LOT of contracting and designing for other companies and I figured he must have made some over the years.

I'll probably give him a shout during the week and ask him personally, but thought someone on here might know as well.

I'd love to have a Zed amp in the house.

Edited by Audio Junkies

I knew it, he has made one.

It is over 10 years old by now though and they only pop up on ebay every now and then. They were made for another pretty well known company, but I'd be willing to bet only a handful of people know that this particular amp is Zed made.

I'm going to try and track one down before I post the info up and it gets out. If anyone needs to know right now though, shoot me a pm and I'll spill the beans.

:OhYeah:

*EDIT: I forgot to say that when I asked Steve what he thought of the amplifier, he told me he is still using one in his house.

Edited by Audio Junkies

I know what amp you are talking about. He said something on the phone last week about it.

I guess I'll go ahead and spill the beans since there is one on ebay right now...

Harmon Kardon Citation 7.1

Made in 1995-96

MSRP $4,000

I asked Steve to confirm that the one on ebay is indeed the amplifier we are talking about.

EBAY LINK

Ebay Item Number: 270105122284

Just got confirmation from Steve that the amplifier in the link above and in the pics below is in fact the amp he designed for Harman.

zed1co6.jpg

zed2um0.jpg

zed3ht1.jpg

zed4dh2.jpg

zed5oe5.jpg

zed6bp0.jpg

Thats a beast!

Sweet!

I've never heard those tubes, but I've heard push/pull KT88's before...they rock.

I wonder if he has any extra sitting around.