CJW

usa50 repair

So I may have fried my black usa50 today. I turned off the car and I heard a bang. I looked and checked everything out. Amp was really hot. No electrical stink to it. I haven't tried to fire it back up to check yet I wanted to let it fully cool off.

The board and everything look good from the outside. I plan to see tomorow when I get off work if it still wont turn on

If it is indeed fried can I still send in the old usamps for repair. This one is from 96-97. I'm not sure if flakko can lead me in the right path on this one or not. If not I will call sometime.

So I may have fried my black usa50 today. I turned off the car and I heard a bang. I looked and checked everything out. Amp was really hot. No electrical stink to it. I haven't tried to fire it back up to check yet I wanted to let it fully cool off.

The board and everything look good from the outside. I plan to see tomorow when I get off work if it still wont turn on

If it is indeed fried can I still send in the old usamps for repair. This one is from 96-97. I'm not sure if flakko can lead me in the right path on this one or not. If not I will call sometime.

Indeed they can. I inquired about my USA425. Flakko told me they can do it no problem. Unfortunately, I have no use for it, and noone seems to want it either. Damn shame too because it's in MINT condition.

Mine, like yours, show Zero signs of problems on the board.

liek mr fryr said, ocuz you can fix it! give usamps a call (877 AMP 9360) ask for JR or greg and they should be able to give you a quote on a fix :)

Thanks guys.

I'd like a 425 but I'm not sure if I want to buy one to fix. I will call if it doesnt start up tonight.

just an update...it works. I cant explain it. But it works. I love us amps.