Sign in to follow this  
jjhuang_12

12" Fi BTL

Hey whats going on guys. I'm new here so just thought ide start by introducing myself. My names JonJon and I'm 16. I live in Georgia and drive a 2002 toyota 4runner. I am interested in purchasing 2 12" Fi BTLs and will be running them with 2 RF t30001bd amps. They will be used for daily listening, rock and rap mostly. I was wondering if i really needed to fully load the subs with all the options?

Welcome to SSA and the Fi forum!

With that much power I would definitely recommend the full cooling regardless of your choice for High Xmax and 3rd magnet or not. While the High Xmax coil option will allow for things to play deeper, it will also allow you to run the sub into mechanical limits due to the increased linearity of the sub. Flinging a coil out of the gap (standard coil and XMax) with a lot of power isnt as tough on things as actually powering it all the way out to its limits (High Xmax coil and 3rd magnet).

Thanks,

Scott

Scott interesting read

i enjoy your post and explanations of the mechanical aspects of the sub....

Wish you had more time to keep giving these in depth answers

Edited by theabunai

Scott interesting read

i enjoy your post and explanations of the mechanical aspects of the sub....

Wish you had more time to keep giving these in depth answers

x2

make that a x3........its nice to see an owner explaining the rational in depth.

J

and a x4, Scott, I suppose being you're the creator of the subs you can answer things so that they are technical enough to get the meaning but simple enough to still understand. Guess thats why you get paid the big bucks ;)

Sign in to follow this