mrogowski

Input on 8's

Any new info on these?

Or the IXL line in general??

///M5 is getting me to think that way with my 8s project if I get to it....to not try to run them higher than 300-400Hz. Plus my mounting would not allow much angling towards the occupants so off axis would be worse. So depth would be an issue in the doors and efficiency of course, then a good response from maybe 400 on down to hopefully 40-50 if needed...and somewhat IB in a door on top of that. Maybe that would just be a beefed up version of a good 6.5? I don't really know if a wicked big Xmax 8 could work good that way, and it would be deeper I imagine.

While depth will become an issue, if you are willing to modify, 8s are beautiful for midbass IB in door. I am running some Peerless SLS's right now, currently crossed @ 220Hz @ -24dB/oct & they are monsterous down low & blend really well with my Aurasound 3" wideband driver crossed @ 280Hz @ -18dB/oct.

The IXL-15's are being made as we speak. I'll post info/numbers on them once they are received. I have someone testing the IXL-8 and am awaiting feedback on it.

The 10 and 12 are, well, waiting patiently... :D

YAY!!

Just what I wanted to hear.

Looking forward to both.

:D

150+oz motor, 500-700wrms, 15+mm xmax one way, fs of under 30hz, high bl :)

Edited by plushDJ

id really just like somthing low in price to tell the truth with a decent xmax not fussy on the rest just need somthing that makes decent mid bass :D ( i got room for lots :D )

You would be surprised at how the midbass sounds on the MJ's. Try it...

I don't know why everyone is so hesitant to reply in this forum Ga Foo.

I'm also curious on the status of the 8s.

Maybe he wants to keep it a secret haha who knows.

Its definitely been a minute since the last time anything about these 8s came up. Maybe we will just get a nice surprise one day.

probably doesn't want to say anything because nothing is certain yet. He certainly wouldn't want to have a bunch of hype and then the actual driver turn out to be something completely different.

Not to mention if he leaks a little info he'll probably be bombarded with e-mails and pm's asking about them when he needs to be spending his time working on other things.

just my opinion though

Fair enough, but it wouldn't hurt for him to say that nothing is certain.

My guess is that wants to keep even that a secret.

So is this 8 going to be useable as a midbass or a subwoofer? I don't see a point in a driver that can do both because you are sacrificing part of each to make a happy medium. Either it needs to be a low cost authoritative midbass or a low cost ~35fs low vas high excursion subwoofer.

Ok, Puggsley will be testing out a prototype for me in the coming days. Then we'll decide what can/should be done. I'm building the test box right now and he should get it next weekend.

Best,

Mark

Ok, Puggsley will be testing out a prototype for me in the coming days. Then we'll decide what can/should be done. I'm building the test box right now and he should get it next weekend.

Best,

Mark

:)

The perks of living near Mark...

I'd be curious to see what this thing looks like if you get a chance :D

The perks of living near Mark...

I'd be curious to see what this thing looks like if you get a chance :D

Yeah, Puggsley. Post some pics of the 'lil guy! :D