Friend, I am from Nicaragua and have a couple of questions:

I have a single Rockford amplifier T20001 (2500 - 2800 rms ) with 2 TRF 12 ... and i hit 145.6 db.....Now.... i wanna buy another T200001....my question is:

It could increase the db with another T20001 or not.

How many db can i increase if put each T20001 with each TRF 12"

1.5?

2?

2.5?

3?

Thanks

it's VERY hard to tell if you will gain anything. sure, in theory you gain 3dB, but you could gain a lot more than that or not gain anything.

it's VERY hard to tell if you will gain anything. sure, in theory you gain 3dB, but you could gain a lot more than that or not gain anything.

So what is the purpose to put another T20001 if will have the same power eith only 1 T20001.

Thanks

So what is the purpose to put another T20001 if will have the same power eith only 1 T20001.

Thanks

Can I increase the gain (db) if put each 2 T20001 with 2 TRF .... one T2000 ( 2500 rms each amp) on each TRF 12( 2000 RMS) INSTEAD OF ONLY 1 T20001 FOR 2 TRF 12

it is very hard to predict how much you will gain by doubling the power.

the theory says that by doubling your power, you gain 3dB. yes, this works for 1w to 2w or 20w to 40w, low power levels in general. but in your application you have a lot of power so you need a strong electrical system to be able to handle such increased power levels.

and there are other things that come will afect the final score if you double the power.

only way to tell what you will gain is to try it.

it is very hard to predict how much you will gain by doubling the power.

the theory says that by doubling your power, you gain 3dB. yes, this works for 1w to 2w or 20w to 40w, low power levels in general. but in your application you have a lot of power so you need a strong electrical system to be able to handle such increased power levels.

and there are other things that come will afect the final score if you double the power.

only way to tell what you will gain is to try it.

You are telling to me that is better to put 1 T20001 on 2 TRF THAN 2 T20001 on 2 TRF?

1) 1 T20001 on 2TRF

2) 2 T20001 on 2TRF

Which Option... #1 or #2??

thanks

two on two, if impedance will allow it. meaning, if your running two subs on one amp now, and your at it's correct impedance, if you add a second amp, the impedance will be wrong and you won't be gaining anything.

another thing, what Adrian is trying to get at, is in theory you'll gain 3db (if your truly doubling power), but in reality, you might not gain much more then .1db . when your chasing tenths, it's almost always better to have more power, but to be able to say how much your going to gain, that's just impossible.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

two on two, if impedance will allow it. meaning, if your running two subs on one amp now, and your at it's correct impedance, if you add a second amp, the impedance will be wrong and you won't be gaining anything.

another thing, what Adrian is trying to get at, is in theory you'll gain 3db (if your truly doubling power), but in reality, you might not gain much more then .1db . when your chasing tenths, it's almost always better to have more power, but to be able to say how much your going to gain, that's just impossible.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Brother......each T20001 is stable @ 1ohm and puts out around 2600 rms and each Sub put out 2000 rms..and the impedande is 1.4..........now.....what is your opinion...

Edited by TEAM RF NICARAGUA

That you cannot read..........so let me be brash

GET THE AMP AND TRY IT

One amp to two amps.......impedence goes for example with dual 2 ohm coils...........either 2 or .5 ohm on one amp to, either 4 or one ohm on two amps.........higher impedence less juice.........again if alt. cannot provide voltage amps produce less=less db.

J

Brother......each T20001 is stable @ 1ohm and puts out around 2600 rms and each Sub put out 2000 rms..and the impedande is 1.4..........now.....what is your opinion...

each sub is 1.4? each coil, or combined? or both subs combined is 1.4?

regardless, my opinion is the same. in theory doubling of power is doubling of output. HOWEVER, in the real world, that isn't going to happen in most cases. will you see a gain? more then likely. can we tell you how much? absolutely not. how much clearer can we be? do i need to type in crayon?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

oh, and your subs DO NOT PUT OUT 2kwrms. no sub puts out power. if they did, you wouldn't need an amp, would you? they are thermally and mechanically rated for 2kwrms, but even that depends upon enclosure.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

oh, and your subs DO NOT PUT OUT 2kwrms. no sub puts out power. if they did, you wouldn't need an amp, would you? they are thermally and mechanically rated for 2kwrms, but even that depends upon enclosure.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I just had to be a wise ass and say that if you hook a dmm up to a subs voice coils it will show voltage if you move the cone by hand.

then run one amp per sub. you'll be good to go...

I just had to be a wise ass and say that if you hook a dmm up to a subs voice coils it will show voltage if you move the cone by hand.

nice, lol..harhar

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

BIAR!!!!

J