Sign in to follow this  
chuouwee

do i need to get a new amp if i were to get 2 12s

i want to run my amp at 4 ohm bridge (because that is all it is capable of)... so if i were to get two 12 d2s mags would i need to get a new amp or would it be ok for me to wire the sub at 8 ohm and run it like that?

It depends on how much power you have at what impedance. Two D2's will give you a 2 Ohm, 1/2 Ohm, or 8 Ohm mono load, so it's really up to you and your amplifier(s).

Alot of amps, at least ones i've owned can be run a 2ohms mono even though they are rated at 4ohms, you just have to limit yourself to gains all the way down and adjust the gains on the rest of your amps so they get to full potential way before you get to max volume on your head unit so that the input voltage is low on the sub amp.

But so many people just try to use all of the power at 2ohm mono and end up in protection mode all the time, or fry the amp.

hehehe damn that sucks 4 reelz gonna try to get a us amp then but then again in order fo rme to use those amp i must have a monster of an electrical system... hmmm do you guys think 800watts at 2 ohms will be enuff to run two 12s?

Edited by chuouwee

hehehe damn that sucks 4 reelz gonna try to get a us amp then but then again in order fo rme to use those amp i must have a monster of an electrical system... hmmm do you guys think 800watts at 2 ohms will be enuff to run two 12s?

naw....

id give 800 to 1 d2.

Edited by capone28

yeah it'll be loud, but he's just saying to take advantage of what these subs really got, give em that much. Hell they can take ALOT more than 1000w for music so even 800 won't even be that much for them. Tonight just for a test I ran a ridiculous amount of power to my 15" with music to see what it really had and let me tell you, this sub can handle ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of power. I mean, probably more than anyone thought they could :wacko: I cannot imagine too many subs period can get as loud as this sub did tonight. As I was driving down the road (and I'm not overstating this) i couldn't see straight, it was like someone was kinda shaking my head, my eyes couldn't focus at all and the upper bass was slamming into my back like a brick wall with every hit. Anyway, 400w would not do it justice is what he is saying :D

ohhhh i see i see damn.... only time something like that happen to me was when i was in my friends ford suv running two 15 l7s.... i was gasping for air.... heheh

so i dunno which amps to get to push the mags awww screw it ill order the mags this week and then worry about the amp later heheheh

As I was driving down the road (and I'm not overstating this) i couldn't see straight, it was like someone was kinda shaking my head, my eyes couldn't focus at all

Haha, been there, done that before. :P But now I won't do that without hearing protection.

As I was driving down the road (and I'm not overstating this) i couldn't see straight, it was like someone was kinda shaking my head, my eyes couldn't focus at all and the upper bass was slamming into my back like a brick wall with every hit.

Try the D2 15 in 4.2 cubes tuned to 32 in a standard cab pickup off 1.2K!

OUCH!