Sign in to follow this  
alaskanbass

2 rl-i 8's

is that to much for the 8's 2 cubic ft at 34 hz.

That will be a bit peaky, but it'll also be pretty impressive if SPL is your primary initiative.

For a smoother overall response, I would take it down to around 1.25 cu ft shared, tuned at 32 Hz.

On the amplifier, try to get a solid 400 watts RMS fed to each driver.

Too many potentials to list my friend, I wouldn't want to single out a select few amongst so many solid choices.

BUT, I'm sure there are some others 'round here who wouldn't mind droppin' a few names ;)

any brands you recommend under a budget. cuz im goin to be sellin my 2 type r 12's with my viper 600d to get the rli8's and an amp. and the lowest i can go with what im sellin is about 650. for the amp subs and box. and the highest is prlly 700 lol. . but i did see the sale in the ssa store with the rli8's and sundown amp for 443.00 . how would that do. oh yeah the reason i have to get some small subs is becuase i need my backseat back. cuz im gonna have a baby in oct. well my wife is lol. but yea.

The combo deal on the SSA shop is for (1) Sundown 100.2 and (1) SS RL-i 8. It is a great SQ match up for small single SQ single sub installs. If you want for a little more money though, I could give you a deal on the Sundown SAZ-1500D and a pair of RL-i8 SVC4. That way the Sundown will be doing power at 2 ohms mono, which will be plenty for the RL-i's. Another option is if you want a smaller foot print amp with great power and top notch build, the ZED Minilith would be a good match with a pair of RL-i DVC4's.

so ill try to sell my amp and subs for like 650.. if i do i would like to get the RLi8's , would the us amps 1600.2 be a good amp for them.

so ill try to sell my amp and subs for like 650.. if i do i would like to get the RLi8's , would the us amps 1600.2 be a good amp for them.

For the 4ohm DVC if you run it mono.

so when i sell my amp and subs. ill put an order in for 2 RLi8's svc4. and a us amps xt1600.2. how does that sound.. oh.. what will shipping cost. uh Wasilla Ak 99654

thanks

Shipping on Two RL-i8's to Alaska will run:

• $112 via FedEx Home Delivery (4 business days)
  • $64 via USPS Parcel Post (could take a few weeks)
  • $88 via USPS Priority Mail (3 business days)

umm if its okay id liek to answer the shipping quote on the amp. you can delete this mike if you want:

all thru usps:

Express Mail

thanks man.

so total shipping in priority with the amp and subs will be 710.30 right?

Edited by alaskanbass

well we traded our focus in for a pt cruiser. pretty nice. so yeah ill still be gettin two rli subs but im gonna be using my amp to push em.