Sign in to follow this  
sleek_benzo

In need of Expertise

my first post... i never heard of the magnum before and for only 350.00 why not try it out... and if i dont like it.. sell it... no problem there... i like to explore new things that many people dont anyways especially car audio.. when someone says "whats that" "how many subs you got in there" that right there is worth every buck i put into it... but to the question... i'm pretty set on the magnum 15 so whenever the next batch comes in... please let me know...

1. i really like the memphis amp because of electrical issues but i can't decide on which one?? the 16-mc1000d or the 16-st1000d??? anybody know if there's any difference???

2. will 1000 watts be able to really get the magnum moving because i've read that people could be throwing 1500w at them and it's still fine???

Edited by sleek_benzo

couldn't understand what that last paragraph was saying at all but the first few were fine.

Anyway There is absolutely no difference between the memphis ST and MC amps. Just a different color and obviously the name from Studio to M class. So if you can get the st (silver) ones for cheaper than the M class (black chrome or whatever) get the studio one, they look better IMO anyway.

1000w will get a single 15" magnum louder than any woofer I've ever heard with that much power.

Just so you know its supposed to be months before the new batch come in. I guess nick wants to sell all the 12's before he makes more.

yes, as stangme stated, 1000 watts is plenty for most people w/ a mag. and if i were you i would just go for 1 12''. the only difference between the 12'' and the 15'' is the ability to get louder and go lower sq-wise they are the same. that's a quote from the owner of SI who invented the magnum. but if you have a couple months to wait then why not. i'm not as patient as you though thats why i suggest the 12''.

sorry... must of been doing something else while i was typing... so in other words the memphis 1000d will do the job right?? about the 12 i need something that can go low.. just personal perference i guess... anybody knows about their components?? i pretty interested... just depending upon when i get the sub and actually like it... maybe i can get all si speaker and sub... too bad that dont make an amp too

strong*I*bumpin how are the hifonics amp working for you?? do they need alot of power to get to their full potential... my first choice was hifonics but after reading a few reviews and some bad experience with them.. i decided to get something that will be good in the long run..

strong*I*bumpin how are the hifonics amp working for you?? do they need alot of power to get to their full potential... my first choice was hifonics but after reading a few reviews and some bad experience with them.. i decided to get something that will be good in the long run..

my thoughts exactly. im in the exact same sit. as you and am going to go with the memphis. the only problem is, there is no warranty on ebay. i can get the mc1000d for 550+tax at a local shop with 3 year warranty or for not even 400 bucks shipped to my house on ebay. the hifonics amps just dont appeal to me for some reason. im sure that they are built like tanks but the memphis just seems to be the better way to go.

i agree with you.. but there's this local shop that i go to quite often.. the authorized memphis dealer... my first system i bought from them... the screwed me over.. didn't know better and just wanted to get to system.. punks talked me into buy (2) 12 JLw3 and RF 800a2... not bad i might say too... cause i did get alot of compliments from the system.. especially since it was in a hatchback too... but i did pay about 1100 for it installed... now they owe me a favor and i might get the amps for a good price.. kewl guyz once they like you and "FLASH THE CASH"

my thoughts exactly. im in the exact same sit. as you and am going to go with the memphis. the only problem is, there is no warranty on ebay. i can get the mc1000d for 550+tax at a local shop with 3 year warranty or for not even 400 bucks shipped to my house on ebay. the hifonics amps just dont appeal to me for some reason. im sure that they are built like tanks but the memphis just seems to be the better way to go.

and those Memphis amps are SMALL AS HELL!!!! I wish mine were that small. You can fit those little suckers in your damn glove compartment haha! My amps are huge :( Looks cool but if I had some memphis amps I could hide them so easily like under my drivers seat etc. I've actually been thinking about getting a MOJO amp for my sub and a pair of their 4 channel amps for my front stage. All 3 together would fit in my pocket hehe :P

Guys ,no problems with amps here and as for what the actual #'s are,well I cant answer that b/c I haven't tested it.I bought them b/c they were in my price range with the right amount of power I was looking for.If u can do better ,by all means do it,I WOULD!

do you think i should just get the 12 cause i really can't wait but i do have two 12 JL w3 which is great and all.. but i something that is different cause most of my buddies have w7 or power hx2 or mtx 9500 something that practical...i just want something that when i open the trunk they'll be like ??whats that?? and i'm not really into getting really loud.. it would be kind of funny hearing a mercedes getting very loud... just enough to where i'm satisfy and still be able to bash my buddies for spend more than i did but got the heat to back what i'm saying??

what do you think?

definitely go with the 12''. you will be amazed at how great this thing hits. i have mine in a 2.3 cubes sealed after displacement and man does it sound unbelievable. better than any other w7 i've heard to date. just seal it to 1.5-2 cubes and you will be ready to go.

my trunk is pretty limited so i think i'll have to go seal even though i do want to port.. thank

Edited by sleek_benzo