Sign in to follow this  
dopey

1 more SSD or switch to q?

A few weeks ago I put an SSD (copper coil) in the trunk of my wifes BMW. The sub is probably fully broken in, and is signifacantly louder and lower than it was initially, but it's not loud enough. And could be lower!

It's seeing approx 1000w in a 2cuft sealed enclosure.

I prefer sealed for small size and lowend extension.

I have approx 1400w available at 2ohm. Should I give the SSD away and get a Q (or BL), or should I add another SSD?

Before I make this decision, I will build another enclosure (ported) before I act, I am just looking for input.

Thanks.

A few weeks ago I put an SSD (copper coil) in the trunk of my wifes BMW. The sub is probably fully broken in, and is signifacantly louder and lower than it was initially, but it's not loud enough. And could be lower!

It's seeing approx 1000w in a 2cuft sealed enclosure.

I prefer sealed for small size and lowend extension.

I have approx 1400w available at 2ohm. Should I give the SSD away and get a Q (or BL), or should I add another SSD?

Before I make this decision, I will build another enclosure (ported) before I act, I am just looking for input.

Thanks.

I would port it before shelling out anymore money for a new sub. There is a signifcant difference between ported and sealed.

x2, I'd port it. Tune around 32hz and to me it has always sounded not only much louder but sounded much deeper. If you aren't happy w/ that I'd just get another ssd.

I would definitely try out a ported box before throwing money at another sub. A new box costs what, 25 to 30 bucks and a few hours of time... compared to a few hundred. Now, you say you like sealed box's for low end extension. How low are you talking about?? Maybe below like the 25-30hz mark the sealed might be better, but other than that, the ported will be all around better for what it sounds like you need.

I was on the same boat till I purchased my second ssd and I love the pair only I started off ported..

but get the second one and see how things are both sealed if your still unhappy go ported you will see a SIGNIFICANT difference adding the second sub.

Im on the fence with this one. A second sub sealed will help a fair amount... but two of them ported ;)

If you arent pressed for time, and $25 isnt going to break the bank, Id try it ported first and see if you like the sound and output of it. If you do... well then $25 was cheaper than a new sub. If not, and sealed was your thing, then at least you know without a doubt.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this