dopey

PowerSonic Batterys

http://www.power-sonic.com/index.php?id=31&gr_id=40

They use the same glass mat technology as Kinetik. I'm thinking about putting three of these in the back of my car. What do you think?

Nominal Voltage........................................................ 12 volts (6 cells in series)

Nominal Capacity

20 hour rate (5.5A to 10.50 volts) ................................................... 110.0 A.H.

10 hour rate (10.3A to 10.50 volts) .................................................. 103.0 A.H.

5 hour rate (17.7A to 10.20 volts) .................................... 88.5 A.H.

1 hour rate (61.8A to 09.00 volts) ............................................... 61.8 A.H.

15 min rate (204A to 09.00 volts) ......................................................... 51.0 A.H.

Approximate Weight................................................................. 70.6 pounds (32.0 kg)

Energy Density (20 hour rate)................ 1.79 Watt-hours/cubic inch (109.2 Watt-hours/l)

Specific Energy (20 hour rate)............... 18.7 Watt-hours/pound (41.25 Watt-hours/kg)

Internal Resistance (Fully Charged Battery)................. 2.9 milliohms (approximately)

Maximum Discharge Current ( <_ 7 Min.)....................... 330 amperes

Maximum Short-Duration Discharge Current ( <_ 10 Sec.)..................... 660 amperes

Terminals ........... Type

Edited by dopey

That's one heavy bitch. What exact model are you looking at and also in comparison with Kinetik?

The powersonic PS-121100 vs. Kinetik 2000

And the PS-121400FR vs. Kinetik 2400

The way I'm reading this it seems to me like the Kinetik can deliver 3x the current for bursts than the PowerSonic can...

The way I'm reading this it seems to me like the Kinetik can deliver 3x the current for bursts than the PowerSonic can...

See...Kinetik doesn't give a good spec description for that.

At a direct short, BOTH batterys will deliver FARRRRRRRR more current than either rating. Kinetik doesn't specify how they arrive at that "amps" rating. Powersonic does. That is a plus for PowerSonic as far as I'm concerned.

To me this is the equivilent of a "max wattage" figure on amps. If they list a "max wattage" but don't tell you how they got that figure...I try to stay away.

Edited by dopey

Where can you get them?

I will get mine from a local battery specialty shop. I'm in northwest Arkansas.

Shipping would be pretty expensive, but still MUCH less than a Kinetik in the end.

Edited by dopey