Sign in to follow this  
truckaudioman

Curious about cutthrough in truck

Just being curious, about how nice would 4 15's, either BTL or BL, sound being funneled through a cut through in the bed of a truck going into the cab. Would the rear seats ruin a lot of the air being moved? Or will stuff still fly????

If your wanting to do a full blowthrough then sure...i'd probably do BL's, you'll get a close to similar result as the BTL's, wont need quite as much power. Also will have similar numbers spl wise on a daily tuning

Not sure what your asking about the rear seats...if your doing a blow through then most people take them out and build the wall level with the B pillar

Here is what I mean by the seats. My subs are going to be in the bed of the truck and be funneled into the cab. I need use of my rear seats. I was wondering if they would hinder the results (SPL wise) of the subs. If it comes down to it, I could get a tailor to cut a hole in the center for air to funnel out.

They would hinder things a little... but provided that the seats werent smashed to the back of the wall and have a relatively easy air path around them... itll still be loud ;)

Thanks,

Scott

not to thread jack

but how would that same idea work with making a fouth order BanPass? I may be showing my ignorance on bandpasses here?

Thanks Scott, that was what I was trying to figure out. I will probably do a tailor job in the middle of the seat, adding a hole for more air to come out. That person, if I have to put 3 people back there, will just have to suffer a little in a somewhat uncomfortable seat. Or maybe I could make it so it has a cushion I could use to plug the hole when someone needs to sit there.

not to thread jack

but how would that same idea work with making a fouth order BanPass? I may be showing my ignorance on bandpasses here?

Only real way to know is to test.

4th orders are very very picky...might help it...then again it could hurt it badly.

this truck has that done. it was in truckin and has an upholstered seat with a hole in for the cut through.

here

I am doing something very similar in by T-bird right now. The seat is off at the upholstery shop right now. I had estimates from $350 to $1000 to cover it. I went with the $500 estimate. I bought a seat from a junk yard and started cutting. Then framed in the opening. I won't use the cover much since i rarely drive the car but its there if i need it.

100_2563.jpg

100_2564.jpg

100_2564.jpg

100_2565.jpg

100_2566.jpg

100_2567.jpg

100_2569.jpg

100_2583.jpg

100_2584.jpg

100_2585.jpg

100_2586.jpg

100_2600.jpg

100_2601.jpg

This is gonna sound bad, but if my old lady lets me, I will be getting a Chevy Silverado, what I really want. The positive part of this is that its back seats fold down, unlike almost every other truck out there. Then this entire problem will be solved immediately.

This is gonna sound bad, but if my old lady lets me, I will be getting a Chevy Silverado, what I really want. The positive part of this is that its back seats fold down, unlike almost every other truck out there. Then this entire problem will be solved immediately.

hey you can always get an avalanche like I have, it already has the cover and a 21"x50" cuthrough built in!

I was actually debating on that one. Not completely sure if I could actually afford a Avalanche. I am already buying from a Repo lot, lol. Can't beat their prices. My friend just got a 06 F150 with the suicide doors for only 17K. Same truck at the Ford dealership was 24. Both had warranties. If I am lucky enough they will get an avalanche. Can I fit 4 15's in the bed of an Avalanche. Haven't really looked to much into it.

Sign in to follow this