Sign in to follow this  
truckaudioman

Can I even fit 4 15's

Here is my problem. For quite some time I planned on putting 4 15" BTL's in the bed of my truck, forward facing. I have a fiberglass lid, not a camper shell, so no wall. I know they need to be ported, at least I want them to be. Is there anyway to put the 4 15's in there or will I have to go to either 3 15's or 4 12's. Out of those two, which will be louder and hit harder. I was thinkin the 12's, esp in the box is right. I will be correctly powering each sub, so power is not the issue here. So, what do you think bout my situation and any ideas???????

THANKS

If i were you i'd do 4 12's across the front of the bed and put the port up top, personally

yeah, it would probably be easier and cheaper to do in the long run. Would 4 12's still pound the hell outta everything.

Edited by truckaudioman

for the 15's as long as hieght issnt an issue you could make the baffle of the box in a "v" shape with the point gong towards the tailgate and put the port right in the middle so there would be 2 subs on either side of the port angled in. but the 4 12's should still be loud, with no options on them your lookin at 8000 rms for all 4 and if you load em up with options you could probably double that in power so its def gonna be loud

jcm1689... that was my first thought too. V shape with port out the middle. Or even at that, on either side of the V... ala |V| (if my ascii comes out right)

If space isnt the issue... then the 15s will be a better bet for the minimal difference in price (assuming output is a large goal).

Thanks...

Scott

The only issue I have is height, I beleive about 21", but need to take solid measurements. As for the length of the bed, about 5 ft that is all game. But, I guess I will have to go with the 12's due to the height issue. Thanks for puttin this pretty much in stone for me guys. LOL, I will have to suffer until I get my SUV.

JUST out of curiousity, about how much height would be needed to do the 4 15's Scott, or anyone? I have been checkin out a couple other new trucks as well, wonder if their bed is deeper. If this is the case, I will look more at them......sad, buying a truck around a sound system....

Edited by truckaudioman

Really with 21" of total height you have plenty of room for 15s. What are the width dims?

Thanks,

Scott

6'6" front to back

5'3" wide

4'1" wide between wheel wells

1'10" from one end to the wheel well

1'8.5" from other end to wheel well

These are the measurments I got from one of those rubber mats that fit into the bed of the truck with a nice fit.

Soon as I solve this problem, then you guys have answered every question and helped me in every aspect possible, thanks.

Edited by truckaudioman

cutthrough.jpg

Something along the lines of that should work. I dont have the dims for the subs in any cad programs so I cant cut and paste to fit at this time... but you do have enough space to do what you are wanting to with 15s from the looks of things.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott.....I owe you the world. Thanks. Once all this is done I will try to push your companies name as much as I can in this area. Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this