Sign in to follow this  
alaskanbass

rli8 box design

i was wonderin if this will work.. now i dont know the demenstions or tuning.. or how i would tune it.. can anyone help me out.. the size i would like it to be is the size of the floor in a pt cruiser.. and the height of the subs.. will anyone be able to tell me how wide and long the port should be.. like how long should the cuts be.. and all that..

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/gallery...e.php?pos=-1994

and the measurements of the floor that i can use is 40" wide 22" deep..

The design is fine, but I'd just have them both share one port. As for the length it will depend on the volume of the box, the area of the port, and the tuning that you desire.

Judgin' by his image, the drivers are sharing a port. To alaskanbass, I would suggest reviewing the following tutorial JL wrote up, it should help you understand what you need to know about designing a ported box: [clickey]. From there, you could use the calculator on the second half of the following page to avoid that nasty formula: [clickey]. Just make sure that you take your measurements and make your cuts carefully! Ported enclosures are not nearly as forgiving to errors in construction as a sealed box would be, so take your time.

As a general recommendation, I would suggest around 0.5 - 0.75 cu ft net volume PER RL-i8, with a tuning frequency between 25 - 35 Hz. For in home use, 25 Hz... for in car, I would roll with 33 Hz. Good luck!