drwang84

I need help with wiring

I just bought some Kicker 1/0 gauge power wire kit and I'm having a difficult time figuring out how exactly I'm supposed to get the thick 1/0 wire into the ANL Fuse holder(which came included with the Kicker amp kit by the way). Here are some pictures to show you exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance. I'll check back real soon as I would like to continue the install tomorrow if time permits.

Ps. How do I post up an image. It will only let me link an url.

Edited by drwang84

photobucket.com

Upload your PIC to this site, then paste the IMG link onto the thread. That should do it. Good Luck

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pictures as they came from my W810i camera phone

Twist the end skinny and stuff it in. You may need to retrim it as once it gets out of whack it is hard to get the strands together tighter.

Twist the end skinny and stuff it in. You may need to retrim it as once it gets out of whack it is hard to get the strands together tighter.

Is there a special tool I should be aware of that I'm not using? I've been using a swiss army knife,wire cutters, and pliers. It was definitely no easy task getting the wire cut, that's for sure. Hopefully I'll have some luck doing that today.

I use a cigar trimmer, it works better than anything else that I have tried other than the super expensive wire cutters.

Is there a special tool I should be aware of that I'm not using? I've been using a swiss army knife,wire cutters, and pliers. It was definitely no easy task getting the wire cut, that's for sure. Hopefully I'll have some luck doing that today.

Actually I have a dremel that I can use. Perhaps I'll give that a try. Any other ideas? (since I don't smoke?)

Edited by drwang84

Dremel is a pain. I'd go spend the $1 at the local smoke shop for the guillotine style cigar trimmer and make it easy on yourself.

Dremel is a pain. I'd go spend the $1 at the local smoke shop for the guillotine style cigar trimmer and make it easy on yourself.

I'm convinced, I'll give it a try soon.

I'm convinced, I'll give it a try soon.

I went out and got the cheapest cigar trimmer which cost about $6 bucks. It worked well but I had to trim off some of the wire in order to get the wire to fit. But regardless, it's 90% complete. Here are the pics and special thanks to M5 for the tip which I could have only found here at the SSA forums. (much better advice than ppl at best buy)

And funny thing was that the people at the cigar store asked if I'd like some cigars to go with the trimmer. I had much better intentions for the cutter. Although, the salesman tried to sell me a $15 or $35 trimmer with dual blades. I love my wires but not that much lol.

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

By the way, I used a combination of dremel and cigar trimmer.

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

What year is your car? Post some pics even though you're missing a pair of cylinders. :lol:

ME= Mustang Freak if you didn't know.

What year is your car? Post some pics even though you're missing a pair of cylinders. :lol:

ME= Mustang Freak if you didn't know.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=8377

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=8378

I'm sure you'll figure out what year my mustang is.

Edited by drwang84

VEry Nice!