Sign in to follow this  
mossman8235

entering my first bass race

i will be entering my first bass race comp on may 20th. a friend of a friend was talking crap about my system, saying its nothing compared to his. so, i found a local termpro sanctioned comp and challenged him lol. i have a fully loaded 15" BTL powered by a ma audio hk4000d, 4 cubes ported box tuned to 34hz, 2 yellow tops, HO alternator, big 3. from what im told he's got 2 JL 12W6v2's powered by some crossfire amp(s) in a ported box, with no electrical upgrades. i have an 05 explorer and he has a newer jeep grand cherokee. it might be a close match up, but i have a feeling that i will take the win, at least from him. i will post my number(s) and also the results. im open for predictions though :fing34:

go to termpro.com under the bass race fourm give them your info and ask what song you should play, most people on there know what most songs peek at and that will help you out alot.

close the passenger side window and open the driver side door a bit.

also make sure you use a song without too long of a break in between bass hits.

Edited by chad lee

All doors and windows must be completely closed if im not mistaken don't get this poor guy dq'ed

go to termpro.com under the bass race fourm give them your info and ask what song you should play, most people on there know what most songs peek at and that will help you out alot.

will do, thanks for the advice, ill head there soon. i might do a little reasearch before i post.

dont think thats allowed.

i was thinking of going with "da blow" by lil jon

All doors and windows must be completely closed if im not mistaken don't get this poor guy dq'ed

haha, yea i definitely dont want to get DQ'd in my first event.

in db drag you have to close all windows and doors but not in bassrace.

actually depends on the event. some judges will allow it while other judges won't. the ones i've been to they allow it. usually the 1x events.

Edited by chad lee

Have you metered before? Do you know your peak frequency?

A good idea might be Young Jeezy - "Air Forces" or "Trap or Die" they hit constantly at 42Hz for well over 30seconds a few times.

edit: The rules clearly state: "...(Remember, you can only use music CD’s while competing. In addition, all doors, windows, and other openings to the vehicle must be closed.)..." - in the "Qualifying" section of the Bass Race rules.

Edited by Tommythecat

Have you metered before? Do you know your peak frequency?

A good idea might be Young Jeezy - "Air Forces" or "Trap or Die" they hit constantly at 42Hz for well over 30seconds a few times.

edit: The rules clearly state: "...(Remember, you can only use music CD

that song "gimme that" by paul wall does hit hard but it the break inbetween bass is kinda long.

but yeah i love bumping to that song when i am driving. that song hits nice and deep.

i believe it is the new cd. also that song "bangin screw" on that same cd hits hard.

forgot to say the most important thing.

GOOD LUCK and may the force be with you.

haha, thank you :fing34:

Is the paul wall song off the new one? I still gotta get that CD - everyone says it hits pretty solid.

yep, its off his new CD. im going to get the actual CD tonight. it hits very, very solid. out of all of the "bass songs" ive tested on my system, this one by far hits the hardest.

that song "gimme that" by paul wall does hit hard but it the break inbetween bass is kinda long.

but yeah i love bumping to that song when i am driving. that song hits nice and deep.

i believe it is the new cd. also that song "bangin screw" on that same cd hits hard.

thats the only thing that would keep me from using it in the comp. it hits hard, but its not long enough.

yep, as i said its on his new CD. that songs supposed to hit too.

i don't know what your car peaks at but have you tried that song called "b**ch" by lil jon? the frequencies on that song are 45-48-51-53hz. it also has a constant bass line.

you can also find out some frequencies on songs here.

http://www.*****.com/forums/in...hp?topic=1753.0

oh yes, i definitely tried that one. its one of my favorite bass songs. ill have to give it a second try tonight.

thanks for the link, ill check it out now.

"Gimmie that" looks to hit around 41Hz on the low-end with some other notes. But "Air forces" seems to have more general noise/information - perhaps that's what makes G.T. sound louder.

"Bangin screw" looks kinda funny, not too constant with a large dual peak at 44+87Hz together.

Try to use "Im throwed" Paul Wall - has a VERY constant peak (like Trap or Die - Y. Jeezy) at 47Hz. Maybe the higher note could help.

Edited by Tommythecat

thank you for the suggestions. i will give "im throwed" a try. is that on his new CD? if so that would work out well because im going to buy it tonight.

man you better tell us how it went. lol. when is it? i am anxious to know if you are going to kill the 2 jl subs or not.

i will let you guys know for sure. its may 20th, which seems like an eternity away lol. my last set up consisted of the same subs he had, except on a JL 1000/1. my current set up compared to my old one is like night and day. this one would tear my other one up. which im hoping is the case at the comp.

in db drag you have to close all windows and doors but not in bassrace.

actually depends on the event. some judges will allow it while other judges won't. the ones i've been to they allow it. usually the 1x events.

an outlaw run would be fun, but ive noticed this in a couple of videos from cali seems like doug allows this i cant see why and how, everything must be sealed, and as far as music goes wayne harris just announced that ipods and burnt cd's are now allowed i thinks its total bs but hey its his organization

Sign in to follow this