Sign in to follow this  
ener.g

BTL Enclosure

does my 1997 4 door bravada (exact same as 4 door blazer) have enough space for 2 18" BTLs?

or would i be better off going with 1 18"?

either route i go i will have 2kw rms to EACH woofer...

my max dimensions are 48w 30d and 20h..

going ported

if it is only enough space for 1.. does anyone think 2 12" BTLs will be louder than 1 18"???

sorry for all the questions.. they may seem pretty dumb but i want to be sure about what im doing

BTW I'm looking for a pretty good SPL but i want to retain SQ for daily listening

right now i am running 2 MTX T9512-44s on 2.4kw @1ohm, in 4.5 cubes each ported tuned to 35hz, i would like to have about the same SQ as these if any one has heard them before

Edited by Scott

is 20 inches to the top of your head rests? thats kinda low, ive got two 18" BLs under my windowline right now in a '98 grand cherokee. it is a t-line enclosure designed by team toxic bass and the SQ is awesome. they get plenty loud too, trust me, i just upgraded from a concept cd2410 to a memphis mojo 2000d (modded to run daily at 1 ohm). they were loud before but OMFG. i literally just put the thing in about 2 hours ago and i still have to tweak adjustments some...

i am building a 17 cu ft box tuned to 34hz for them this weekend, just to have some fun, see how loud i can get them, im keeping the t-line box for long term daily use. the new box is 25" tall, to the top of my headrests. subs up, port up. the box takes up all the cargo room from the backseats to the hatch, it is so close to the hatch that the port just shoots straight up the hatch window. you can almost think of it as a horizontal wall... :)

anyway, the recommended space for one BTL is 5-8 cu ft. and your looking at about 16.5 cu ft. total outside deminsions so i think you have enough space. those sound like some nice deminsions for a box anyway. its all up to you how you wanna do it, though...

anyway, i would wait for the experts to reply. good luck...

Edited by Tremor1127

is 20 inches to the top of your head rests? thats kinda low, ive got two 18" BLs under my windowline right now in a '98 grand cherokee. it is a t-line enclosure designed by team toxic bass and the SQ is awesome. they get plenty loud too, trust me, i just upgraded from a concept cd2410 to a memphis mojo 2000d (modded to run daily at 1 ohm). they were loud before but OMFG. i literally just put the thing in about 2 hours ago and i still have to tweak adjustments some...

i am building a 17 cu ft box tuned to 34hz for them this weekend, just to have some fun, see how loud i can get them, im keeping the t-line box for long term daily use. the new box is 25" tall, to the top of my headrests. subs up, port up. the box takes up all the cargo room from the backseats to the hatch, it is so close to the hatch that the port just shoots straight up the hatch window. you can almost think of it as a horizontal wall... :)

anyway, the recommended space for one BTL is 5-8 cu ft. and your looking at about 16.5 cu ft. total outside deminsions so i think you have enough space. those sound like some nice deminsions for a box anyway. its all up to you how you wanna do it, though...

anyway, i would wait for the experts to reply. good luck...

well thanks for the reply, this place seems kinda low traffic today, but yea 20inches is actually higher than my seats.. i think to the top of my seats it 17 inches but i wouldnt mind it being higher for me to fit 2 18s back there cuz my current setup is higher than that

i'd like to see some pictures if you have them especially of how the box is built, it seems like it would be kind of hard to build a t line for 2 18s

internal dimensions, with doubled faceplate (not entire box), bracing, and a shared chamber with a port 5x46.5x16 will give you a final result around 11-11.5 feet net after all displacement depending on the bracing and if you adjust the tuning.

thats right in specs (even if sort of close to minimum requirements), and if you even tune a little lower you'll probably be a bit happier with the response (more flat response-geared towards better sq for daily listening).

If you're willing so sacrifice a little spl you could fit 2 15s in there very comfortably with a better response curve, but I say do it! :fing34:

You'll probably be very happy with the 18s.

Good luck.

Sign in to follow this