Sign in to follow this  
weeznur32

Messed up 15Q

Hey,

I just recently purchased a 15Q from Fi, maybe like two months ago. It always worked flawlessly and sounded really great. The last few days the sub would cut in and out while a song was playing and it turns out a wire came undone on the inside of the box so i unscrewed the sub and put everything back together. Today I turned the music on and there was a wierd sort of popping sound on some of the notes when it played and it would only play some of the time. It sounds as if there is something inside the sub itself that is rattling. I checked all the wires about 50 damn times and made sure everthing was perfect. The sub would cut out and i'd flick the dustcap and it would start again. This doesn't seem like a common problem so i was wondering what to do in this situation... Can i send the sub back to Fi and see if they can fix it or what?

Thanks.

How are the settings on your amp, and are the connections secure?

How are the settings on your amp, and are the connections secure?

X2 and not just speaker wires, were talking grounds, power, and if your fuse is loose.

Well, my power and ground wires are completely secure and so are my speaker wires. I checked my fuse tho and its like melted but its still connected so I AM A try switching that out hopefully it'll help otherwise i dunno. Thanks

Well, my power and ground wires are completely secure and so are my speaker wires. I checked my fuse tho and its like melted but its still connected so I AM A try switching that out hopefully it'll help otherwise i dunno. Thanks

you might also want to look into why the fuse is all melted. you could replace the fuseblock while you are at it.

Well, my power and ground wires are completely secure and so are my speaker wires. I checked my fuse tho and its like melted but its still connected so ima try switching that out hopefully it'll help otherwise i dunno. Thanks

you might also want to look into why the fuse is all melted. you could replace the fuseblock while you are at it.

My guess is a bad connection, causing a some resistance at the fuseblock. Resistance + current = heat, and lots of it.

Any word on this one? If everything mentioned above checks OK, let me know and we will get the sub in for inspection.

Thanks,

Scott

I sent the Sub to you (Scott) so either there will be a problem with the sub or it'll be the wiring. Thanks

Sign in to follow this