Sign in to follow this  
dopey

Amp issue?

Wired a 1500d to a btl. Everything is right but there's no sound.

Amp gets power, lights up blue. No protection light.

Speaker wires test 1.8ohm (dual 1ohm wired to 2ohm)

RCA's SHOULD be good...nothing has changed.

How can I test my RCA voltage? I have a multimeter. (which part of the RCA is POS and which is NEG?)

Anything else I'm missing?

I believe RCAs are positive inside negative outside.

I would double check all connections from loose fuses to loose grounds and all the amp settings gains and crossovers. and some absent minded mistakes that I make often like make sure you have the RCAs plugged into the inputs and not the bridge output/inputs.

If you have an extra amp and the time I would throw the other amp in just to make sure if you didn't come up with the solution.

I would check to make sure that the sub coils are wired in phase. Out of phase equals silence, been there, done that.

after you resolve your amp issue, work on electrical upgrades so you can run the amp @ .5 ohms and feed that btl some power.

ok...The sub is wired properly. I have double checked.

I have 2 sundowns for this BTL (and a 200+A alternator) This is just to tide me over till the batteries can be installed. I'm gonna install the other one in a little bit.

Can I measure voltage at the RCA?

If the blue light is on and you have no sound then the amp isn't getting signal or the gain is set to minimum and the voltage it is getting is extremely low and inaudible.

Yes, you can measure at the RCA. Put one lead from the DMM on the center pin and the other on the outter part.

The HU has 3 sets of 4v outs.

And both of the sub channels test 0.0. Damnt.

Well I know how MY Sunday will be spent.

did you measure the headunit outputs, what head-unit are you running etc... It could be that somewhere in all of your headunit features, somebody turned the woofer outputs off.

I know this sounds dumb, but make sure the sub out on the deck is turned on.

Preamp was on, though I can turn the speaker outs off...and I do.

Everything was attached properly, and everything was set right. We disconnected the sub RCA's and reconnected them and everything worked great.

The BTL is a LOUD pucker. And the SAZ is beyond all expectations.

This is a potent combination. I can't even imagine adding another amp to it. Give me a week. :D

Sign in to follow this