Sign in to follow this  
J.C

speakers

Can i get any good front speakers that i can run off of my headunit or do i need an amp.

upgrading your speakers wont have a huge impact unless amplified properly. Do you buy a 1kwatt woofer and power it with 100 rms? that's like taking a 100 rms speaker and giving it 10rms from you h/u, it just doesn't do what it should. Get an amp.

that's like taking a 100 rms speaker and giving it 10rms

I've done that...:D

Very different circumstances though, and not related to his question.

Not really. Upgrading speakers and powering them from the headunit really doesnt make much of a difference. I didnt know this untill i powered up my first set using the amp...wow...

Furthermore some speaker (components) will sound much much softer.... Mainly due to efficiency and RMS values.... I know when i threw my pair of A/D/S in they were considerable softer then my stocks and it literally scared the Bajesus out of me until i amplified them

I simply meant that (as I've seen some people do) if you give a sub (or speaker) 1/10th the power it calls for it will rarely give you adrenaline pumping results. Give a 1000rms sub 100 watts, and I would not be suprised if you have dissapointing output-the same goes for door speakers. If your old speakers are blown you'll hear a big difference, but rarely will the lows be much improved, highs much crisper, or any of the things people are looking for. that's my experience and opinion.

Sign in to follow this