stratusrt01

Sundown powered videos

Built a box for a guy, he put a little sub in it on a Sundown SAX 100.2 bridged at 4 ohms and took a couple videos for me. I figured I'd share them. I've said it before, the 100.2, while being the smallest current offering, is my favorite amp.

A single DD 1008 on a 100.2 bridged at 4 ohms. Tuned low, especially for an 8, but still managed to do a 132.9 on music out of a trunk, and the back seats don't fold down.

Good score, especially on a little two channel front stage amp.

There are a good number of people using it for smaller subs. ;)

It works great as a sub amp bridged at 4 ohms in low power systems. I'm putting a 100.4 and 100.2 in my wife's car for her next week.

I am looking to run a 100.2 later on this season and throw a pair of DD w6.5's up front to handle 50-90 hz.

I know I compete in spl now, but I love good clean music.

I am looking to run a 100.2 later on this season and throw a pair of DD w6.5's up front to handle 50-90 hz.

I have the 100.2 running the DD w 6.5LT's in my car, can't wait for it to be buttoned back up. 60-300hz

50-90 is too narrow of a freq range.. Would just be a waste. I think you would be happier running it over the whole midbass range which is from 100-300hz, so something like stratus and do 60-100hz and up to 300hz then let your midranges take over from 300hz up to about 3-3.5khz where the tweeter would take over there. Course all this would require going active and ditching the passive crossover from your components if you are using one.

This would be mine, thanks rich for posting it

Door Flex

Trunk Flex

Flex

Excursion (and no its deffintly not bottoming out)

100_1188.jpg

100_1185.jpg

100_1183.jpg

Did a 132.9 Yesterday on music sealed up @ the dash on the tl.

100_1224.jpg

I am running active, just looking to fill in the gap from my spl box to my components (which because they are in pre-fab kicks means that I am getting no mid-bass out of them.

I am running active, just looking to fill in the gap from my spl box to my components (which because they are in pre-fab kicks means that I am getting no mid-bass out of them.

It sounds much better when you let the midbass do from about 60-300hz, and then cross your components over higher. Cleaner sound, because the components aren't trying to reproduce any bass at all, and it's left to speakers that can do it more accurately.

That is a heck of a score with that set up.

It sounds much better when you let the midbass do from about 60-300hz, and then cross your components over higher. Cleaner sound, because the components aren't trying to reproduce any bass at all, and it's left to speakers that can do it more accurately.

That would work too, haven't decided exactly how we are gonna do it yet. This is all looking to the future, I know I compete in spl now but sq is still in my blood.

I posted this over on the AA forum but deside to post it here also

I been feeling a little under the weather but desided to make a little vid this morning.

"Single 8" AA Assassin

Sundown Audio Sax-100.2

T-Line Type Enclosure

Sorry about the poor video quality, the video editing program killed it. The camera dont pick up alot of flex but i did my best. I have 3 more, once my box is done they will be running off a saz-1500 in a ported box @ 40hz. Wont have the lows like this box did but it time for something new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwueovUYt6g "