Sign in to follow this  
Loud01Blazer

which 15's??

I've got 3000 watts to play with, and am leaning towards either 2 15" BL's or 2 15" BTL's...which would be the better way to go??

And if i order them tommorrow how long would it take to receive? the only option i'm getting is the p chamfer.

Well, with 1500 watts per sub you may want to entertain the idea of getting the cooling option on the BL's.

Generally speaking your looking at a 3-5 day build time, and depending on your location anywhere from 1-6 days to recieve them from ups. (if your in the lower 48)

~2 weeks and you'll have your subs on your doorstep!

what is so important about the cooling. Is it a big deal if you dont get it.

Well many people are prone to lack skills of mastering the volume knob :).

If you plan on beating on them for long periods of time, 1500 watts is a LOT of power.

Well if you have the volume cranked how long would it take to do damage to the subs.

so the bl's with the cooling option will take 1500 watts daily? i should mention i do compete in db drag if that matters..

The idea of setting your stuff up properly is so you won't damage anything...why it's important to understand the balance between the head unit's preout voltage and the input gain on the amp, and how that affects what comes out the other side :)

no net yet. got a qoute and everything just been so busy moving into my new place, havent had the time to send them out

no net yet. got a qoute and everything just been so busy moving into my new place, havent had the time to send them out

Ohh ok did he say what kind of power they will be able to handle cuz I have a motor sitting in my closet that I may have to send in to get reconed also I kind of liked the napalm.

Well if you have the volume cranked how long would it take to do damage to the subs.

Totally irrelevant...

Jim hit the nail on the head :)

so the bl's with the cooling option will take 1500 watts daily? i should mention i do compete in db drag if that matters..

Is it strictly for SPL (burps ONLY) or is it for a musical application?

IMO, get cooling. They'll be more abuse tolerant.

Yes you'll likely loose a few tenths on the mic because of the lesser motor strength...but i honestly think you'd be better off getting the cooling option. 1500w is a lot of power for an extended period of time :)

not really into my score dropping. so the btl's would be good off 1500 watts? the only reason i'm thinking about the btl's is if i ever decide to upgrade my amps.

not really into my score dropping. so the btl's would be good off 1500 watts? the only reason i'm thinking about the btl's is if i ever decide to upgrade my amps.

with that kinda power they are right the bl's are more up your alley 1500 wont do a btl justice,

better have this done by the show on the 9th :coolugh:

^^^^Do i know you?

white fi blazer at the us audio shows, i was talking with you and charles about those recones

Edited by tprj82

I read on another thread that the proper amount of power for a BL is around 1500watts....true?

I plan on powering my two BL's with a ED NINe.1 per sub. Those RMS at 1250 at 1 ohm. Will those amps push those subs alright?

i havent' been to a us audio show yet this year...

my bad there was another dude their with a blazer and talking about mag recones sorry

It's so minute you wont even notice a difference...

You don't have enough power for BTL's, you'd probably be well over 2dB down by running a btl with 1500 watts vs. a loaded bl with 1500 watts.

Plus 2-3 times a month isn't that DB Strong......By that I mean if you were doing a STRICTLY SPL system then IMO I'd say forget the cooling but as jim said it gves it tolerence against neglagence, possible clipped signal etc.

Not to mention 1500 watts per sub in drag ain't SUPER high for 2 15's.

J

Nope, but daily driving 1500 watts isnt anything to bat an eye at :)

Sign in to follow this