Sign in to follow this  
86irocz28

what amp??

I got 2 dual 4 re audio re 12s. what are some good amps for them right now i have a Rockford Fosgate 301M and i want a better amp.

900 watts MAX x 1 at 2 ohms

300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

150 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms

Selectable 50-250 Hz variable low-pass crossover. 12 dB per octave TRANSana circuit designs keep voltages low and signal paths simple in the pre-amp section, for minimum distortion and maximum power.

MESHA provides more efficient transfer of heat from MOSFET output devices to the heatsink for cooler operation

TOPAZ--noise killing differential inputs that eliminate 80% of ground loop noise

NOMAD--advanced protection circuitry for "intelligent" shutdown protection-

speaker-level inputs

selectable Punch Bass boost (0/6/12 dB at 45 Hz)

frequency response 20-20,000 Hz

Item measures 11-1/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-7/8"D

I'd see if you could find a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 500.2, used...should be able to find one for under $200. Does around 500W @ 4 ohms, bridged.

any others the guy at soundwaves said 2 go with a US amps amp but idn. im going 2 change my budget to around $400.

Sure, an older USAmps might be a good choice.

Personally, I don't think you need a budget that high unless you're restricting yourself to brand new equipment and want to leave room to upgrade.

what other amps would be good. i really want something new and that i can add a wired gain controller. + i want something that could still b used when i upgrade 2 better subs.

Kicker? There are a bunch of them on ubid now. I got a 700.5 and it has a remote. Not the best maybe, but the techs like them and I hear lots of good reports considering the price. Mine is a refurb and did have a couple scratches on it, but not bad. I have not run it in the car yet. Going to take the cover off and buff it out some first should be able to get rid of all marks. I don't like the sink on the bottom design IMO, I will mount it on blocks I think. There are some other brands on ubid too, shop them up and ebay see what you find. I like older amps too if you know what you are looking for. I have bought SS and alpines and others, great older amps IMO and were cheap...but that was this spring when there were a ton of them on ebay. Some of the hifonics are good too, I know people with them and no problems....though they are daily drivers and not that hard on them. Yeah its hard to beat a US amps, zed, linear power, nice amps like that but I don't want to afford them for my daily driver.

Yeah, this kicker says "Kicker USA" on the board inside and on the bottom of the heatsink it says "made in china." Nice. :No:

Yeah, this kicker says "Kicker USA" on the board inside and on the bottom of the heatsink it says "made in china." Nice. :No:

LOL

Stick to something that is actually made in the U.S.

Which actually has very little to do with how good the amp is...

:)

Stick to something that is actually made in the U.S.

Which actually has very little to do with how good the amp is...

:)

That is the major reason I bought it. I read on a couple of tech sites that it is well built and performs good. Kind of difficult to find US made things on a budget and I don't drive this car that much...let alone finding a 5ch amp. It does look nice inside but I'm not a tech either.

It does make you wonder when you see X product come up on auctions/closeouts as refurbs. Are they that popular, junk, do the owners just abuse them....hmmm.

Edited by sqguyib