Sign in to follow this  
audio-neon

1998 Dodge Neon

Yes... not very much fun to lift/ move around. Can't imagine it with the woofers installed.

I have to finish building my floor and wall fascia. add the 2 4" aero's and install it all. build my amp rack etc... it has been a long weekend already. But Maryland is in 2 weeks and counting. I have a battery coming in by than. So I am just going to keep pushing forward to make sure that Aaron doesn't embarrass me too badly at Maryland.

Dumb question, but what's going on in MD? I'm not much into SPL, but I might have to stop by to check out the fun and put faces to names. :)

Yes... not very much fun to lift/ move around. Can't imagine it with the woofers installed.

I have to finish building my floor and wall fascia. add the 2 4" aero's and install it all. build my amp rack etc... it has been a long weekend already. But Maryland is in 2 weeks and counting. I have a battery coming in by than. So I am just going to keep pushing forward to make sure that Aaron doesn't embarrass me too badly at Maryland.

Dumb question, but what's going on in MD? I'm not much into SPL, but I might have to stop by to check out the fun and put faces to names. :)

There is a dB drag competition on the 15th of July in Suitland Maryland. There is a post about it under the team ssa board.

Just a couple more pics while I am waiting for the rest of the things I need to show up (ups I would love you if they showed up early!)

DSCN1349.jpg

DSCN1350.jpg

Here is a picture of the original amp rack... (before I realized it was not going to fit)

DSCN1343.jpg

Looks good.

It's too bad my neon started acting up as soon as we got to Maryland. So we turned around and started the long 6 hour drive home. Sometime next week I will bug marty to bring his TL over so I can give you guys some more numbers. Here a bunch of the recent progress pics, and I went back to the old box b/c the new one was having issues.

DSCN1359.jpg

DSCN1357.jpg

DSCN1356.jpg

DSCN1355.jpg

DSCN1354.jpg

DSCN1353.jpg

DSCN1352.jpg

DSCN1351.jpg

Ewwwwww a NEON???? Just kidding MJ. Looks like its coming along great. Can't wait to see more pics and vids of the finished outcome :D

Ewwwwww a NEON???? Just kidding MJ. Looks like its coming along great. Can't wait to see more pics and vids of the finished outcome :D

Just wait till the myspace kiddies of your group see some of my other project(s). A 1991 camaro, a 2000 chevy silverado (lifted 8 inches) a 1985 k1500 lifted 6 inches, my own personal Camaro (looking for one for my own b-day etc...

The neon is just getting old and using neons for audio cars is just starting to get depressing. I figure if I take a year or two off of audio I can have a decent car to play with.

* I have yet to add a real battery and do not suggest running the 1500d's at 1 ohm strapped (.5 each) off of a factory charging system*

Edited by audio-neon

You know I was teasing you about the vehicle about being a Neon...a lot of them in the myspace group are noobs and are more about the vehicle, rather than the audio. I'm more for the audio :D

How do the Morel's sound?

The morel's sound awesome amplified, right now they are running off of deck power and are eagerly waiting some real power. The hertz tweeters on the other hand are very happy seeing ~16 watts per side as they are for ambiance.

Just to let you guys know, this car is for sale, as is for 3 grand. Picked up.

has 128,xxx miles on it. You get the amps, the subs, the headunit, even the ipod adaptor, and a compustar pro ssr alarm start (not installed).

The car was inspected in February of 07, it is currently running fine. I love it and all but want something different.

Just look at it this way, You are buying 1200$ retail in amps, 350 in subs, 250 in components, over 600 dollars in wiring, a 500$ headunit, which still sells for around 300. Basically you are buying the system, and the car comes with it. Any offers can be pm'd to me, I check SSA daily. Come on, who doesn't want a free car with every system purchase? lol.