Sign in to follow this  
B_Daubu

Fi Bl or BTL with RF T20001BD

I was looking at buying this amp ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER AMPLIFIER T20001BD and I was looking at getting a Fi 15" BL or BTL but didn't know which one to get. And also what features to get with them I have never used Fi or heard of them and I am very intersted in trying them. Or even 2 12" Fi for this amp $500 for subs or sub.

I have 2006 HHR

its a hatchback

looking at going with a ported enclosurer.

Thanks for the help

Edited by B_Daubu

Let me be the first to recommend a fully loaded BTL.

And possibly the first to welcome you to the board!

Edited by dopey

id also reccomend a fully loaded 15" BTL, just look at dopeys pic beside his post, its a beautiful driver. plus the 20001BD will put out much more than 2000 watts. the bl isnt rated for that amount of power. Welcome to the forum man

You're gonna love that amp!

Thanks Im looking foward to It. Now will that sound good for rock music to or Im I better to go with 2 Qs for rock music. I listen to rock also so. Looking both ways I love the look of that BTL. sweet.

I was looking at buying this amp ROCKFORD FOSGATE POWER AMPLIFIER T20001BD and I was looking at getting a Fi 15" BL or BTL but didn't know which one to get. And also what features to get with them I have never used Fi or heard of them and I am very intersted in trying them. Or even 2 12" Fi for this amp $500 for subs or sub.

I have 2006 HHR

its a hatchback

looking at going with a ported enclosurer.

Thanks for the help

i just got a 12" FI BTL 1 each and i will be running off a T40001bd

i actually have a T20001 bd as well , but i just replaced it with the 4000

the T20001 bd will do about

1800 @ 4

2200 @ 2

2800 @ 1

and is stable at .75

provided you electriacl is providing adequate power

Thanks Im looking foward to It. Now will that sound good for rock music to or Im I better to go with 2 Qs for rock music. I listen to rock also so. Looking both ways I love the look of that BTL. sweet.

A few things to consider.

The BTL has outstanding SQ, although the Q's MAY be MARGINALLY better.

A single BTL will use less space than 2 Q's.

I would venture that 2 Q's would be louder, however the BTL will get insanely loud.

I believe 2 Q's would be lighter...hahahaha

You really can't make a "wrong" choice here. I like to K.I.S.S. and stick with one sub whenever possible.

if your into all types of music, you will want to build a box accordingly. the subs can play whatever you listen to, but the box is what determines how it sounds.

I Think Im going to go with the 15" BTL, that amp will work for this right. (RF T2000.1) What is the best box I can build. Can some one help me or tell me where I can buy one.

I have had a 10W7 with a ported box with a JL 500.1 amp tuned at 35hz

and I loved it but sold to a friend. (need something bigger and badder)

I used to have to 2 Infinity Kappa perfect 10" DVQ in a sealed box.

Like I said I want to be heard, but I do listen to Rock Music also.

So throw some recomendations at me.

Edited by B_Daubu

4 cubes @ 32Hz.

Build it yourself...or go to a cabinet shop and have them do it. If you want detailed plans...post the dimensions of the space it wil be installed in...pics are great too.

The dimension that is the most "hard" should determine where you start. ie...if you want it to fit between the wheelwells that is a "hard" dimension...if you have a heigth restriction, that is another "hard" dimension.

welcome,

i have a fully loaded 15"btl and i listen to evrything from tim magraw to slipknot to lil john, it sound equally awsome on ever type of music.

welcome to the world of FI

welcome,

i have a fully loaded 15"btl and i listen to evrything from tim magraw to slipknot to lil john, it sound equally awsome on ever type of music.

welcome to the world of FI

oh yeah..ive seen ur vids....looks awesome

I don't think so. I've got a 12SSD copper coil on ~1000w and it's not even pushing it. My BTL get's louder on 1000w than the SSD!

The BTL has outstanding SQ,

Compared to what?

The BTL has outstanding SQ,

Compared to what?

Image Dynamics ID and IDMax.

Lanzar OA, and DC.

Orion XTRs.

JL w7.

Audiobahn anything (but they don't really count...)

May I ask what subs get as loud (OR ANYWHERE NEAR) and still keep a similar SQ, in your eyes?

May I ask what subs get as loud (OR ANYWHERE NEAR) and still keep a similar SQ, in your eyes?

Given enough cone area, anything's possible :)

I just have a hard time believing you can send a couple kW to a BTL and not have major problems with localization.

I wouldn't know about that...mine is seeing 1500ish. Only one Sundown...until I get the electrical beefed.

Besides, a few kw to anything isn't the proper way to go about sq...generally.

Edited by dopey