brynm

What sub/options for LSQ with a Kicker SX1250.1

I'm putting a better system in my car (1994 Mazda 626), so far I've got a kicker sx600.2 and a set of Alpine type-x 6.5 comps. I'm looking for a SX1250.1 (birthsheets about 1400Wrms) to match, also have the SXRC. It's definately a daily driver and I want to keep some trunk space so overall box size I don't want to go over about 2.5-3 cu ft. I've got 17" of clearance under the rear deck. Looking for LSQ but more on the side of SQ. I'm really interested in the Q's but not sure if a 15 sealed would fit height-wise. I'd also like to compete with my buddy across the street, he's got a pair of Lightning audio S4.12.vc2's on a planet audio VX1400d.

amp

Max Power (1 Ohms) : 1250W X 1

Max Power (2 Ohms) : 1000W X 1

RMS Power (2 Ohms) : 825W X 1

RMS Power (4 Ohms) : 500W X 1

Signal-to-Noise Ratio : 100dB

Frequency Response : 20Hz-250Hz

Dimensions : 10-5/8

With 17" of clearance the Q15 will fit no problem. You do have plenty of space for it sealed as well. But its almost a toss up between using that space for a Q12 ported or a Q15 sealed. I prefer the Q15 sealed, but you wont have as much output near tuning as you would with the 12 ported. Power wise you are great for both.

Is your friends setup ported or sealed?

his set-up is ported, and loud as hell but sounds horrible. I think he said it's a 10 cube box, in a extended cab chevy stepside. impressive spl though, tons of flex even with doors open.

I realize I won't have the volume he does but want to keep it sounding clean. Would you recommend the bp option on a Q in a sealed box with 1400 watts? It would be rare that I would send that much to it but you never know

his set-up is ported, and loud as hell but sounds horrible. I think he said it's a 10 cube box, in a extended cab chevy stepside. impressive spl though, tons of flex even with doors open.

I realize I won't have the volume he does but want to keep it sounding clean. Would you recommend the bp option on a Q in a sealed box with 1400 watts? It would be rare that I would send that much to it but you never know

it wont hurt the sub going with it, just gives ya a little head room for power handling, i will be running a bunch of modded q's and about 1700 or 1800 watts to each very soon

Tpjr what mods you got going on ?

I mean what are the mods for cooling, sealed, lower end, etc etc

Tpjr what mods you got going on ?

I mean what are the mods for cooling, sealed, lower end, etc etc

:fing34: