bsmallard15

Right amp for my Dual 1 Ohm Q 12

Im trying to find an amp that will run with a dual 1 ohm Fi Q at maximum Power for under 300. If anyone could help me please reply and with a link.

Thanks so much

P.S Scott i may not have to send you back the dual 1 ohm amp for the dual 2 ohm if i can find an amp that will run according to the fi q dual 1 ohm.

Edited by bsmallard15

Look for an amp (either mono or brideged) that puts out the wattage you desire at a 2ohm load...

finding an amp that can run 1/2 under 300 bucks is pretty difficult but finding a nice amp that runs at 2ohms should be a bit easier.

there are tons.....

It may costs a bit more then if you had a dual 2ohm sub for a 1ohm load....

Check the SSA shop

some of the Us amps xterminators are a nice bargain....

Look for an amp (either mono or bridged) that puts out the wattage you desire at a 2ohm load...

finding an amp that can run 1/2 under 300 bucks is pretty difficult but finding a nice amp that runs at 2ohms should be a bit easier.

there are tons.....

It may costs a bit more then if you had a dual 2ohm sub for a 1ohm load....

Check the SSA shop

some of the Us amps xterminators are a nice bargain....

The amp needs to be under 280 and it must give out 1000rms at 2ohms. Im BRAND NEW to car audio, so i dint know anything at all. I ordered a Dual 1 Ohm Fi 12" Q and I'm looking for an amp to push it to its max potential. Thanks allot :noob:

Well i suggest these

Autotek MM 1000.1D 329

Hifonics BXi 1606D 265

any lower in price you'll be getting into "no no" amps....

Edited by theabunai

Well i suggest these

Autotek MM 1000.1D 329

Hifonics BXi 1606D 265

any lower in price you'll be getting into "no no" amps....

Thank you so much. It looks like i'll be going with the hifonics. It looks to me that that amp gives out 1100rms at a 2ohm load, so that should push my sub to the max right, how will i wire it? :thanx:

if you can find an orion 1200d (the silver ones) they will do the power you want and will run at 1/2 ohm. Should be about 200-250 shipped used

I'd use the Orion or used JBL BP1200.1 before a lower-end Hifonics any day...

how will i wire it?

Wire the coils in series.

Thank you so much. It looks like i'll be going with the hifonics. It looks to me that that amp gives out 1100rms at a 2ohm load, so that should push my sub to the max right, how will i wire it? :thanx:

Those amps are a tad underrated will do about 900 at that load mabe go with a little bigger Hifonics amp, trust me you'll be happy.

To wire it to a 2 ohm load your going to have to wire the + of VC1 to the - of VC2 then run - of VC1 to the amp and + of VC 2 to the amp.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woof...ohmDVC_4ohm.gif

Yes i know it says D2 but this is just to show you how to do it.

if you can find an orion 1200d (the silver ones) they will do the power you want and will run at 1/2 ohm. Should be about 200-250 shipped used

How do you run an amp at half load. Explain to me a little more about that. I dont know too much. How much power will i get at a .5 load with the orion 1200d :puzzled:

yes thats the one, mine ran at 1/2 ohm for at least 6 months while i was running dual avas. mine was daily and it did fine. the amp is already under-rated and does about 1400W @1ohm, you won't see much gain at 1/2 ohm.

Maybe Kicker KX1000.1 if it is not too far out of range. But the Orion is a very well built amp, my 2500D is still going strong today.

yes thats the one, mine ran at 1/2 ohm for at least 6 months while i was running dual avas. mine was daily and it did fine. the amp is already under-rated and does about 1400W @1ohm, you won't see much gain at 1/2 ohm.

what happend after that six month lol? i want this amp to last me for a few years. How do i wire to get a half ohm load lol thats prob already been posted but im here so i might as well post.

what happend after that six month lol? i want this amp to last me for a few years. How do i wire to get a half ohm load lol thats prob already been posted but im here so i might as well post.

I'd use the Orion or used JBL BP1200.1 before a lower-end Hifonics any day...

X eleventybillion. I am extremely wary of any Hifonics, but like both that JBL & the Orion.

Maybe Kicker KX1000.1 if it is not too far out of range. But the Orion is a very well built amp, my 2500D is still going strong today.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/5013.html does this amp run at rated power at two ohms because it says rms at 2ohms is 1000 and in that case i can get this? give me some info on the quality and such. http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/5013.html

hows that amp compared to the orion we've been talking aobut

Edited by bsmallard15

Wow, noob thats in quid(pounds), not dollars. Omg wow

wait if you're in europe nevermind lol

How do i wire to get a half ohm load lol thats prob already been posted but im here so i might as well post.

having a sub with dual 1 ohm voice coils, you can acheive a final load of 1/2 ohm (coils in parralel) or 2 ohms (coils in series).

this means you will need to find an amplifier that delivers around 1000w in either 1/2 ohms or 2 ohms.

there are amplifiers stable down to 1/2 ohm but the spec sheets do not say that. one example is the orion 1200D. people have been very happy with their old orion monobloc's, like the 1200D and the 2500D.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/3012.html

price seems fair. it does what you want and it's solid. what are you waiting for ?

both the kicker and the orion are solid amps. toss a coin maybe ?

?

Im trying to find an amp that will run with a dual 1 ohm Fi Q at maximum Power for under 300. If anyone could help me please reply and with a link.

Thanks so much

P.S Scott i may not have to send you back the dual 1 ohm amp for the dual 2 ohm if i can find an amp that will run according to the fi q dual 1 ohm.

Why did your orion at .5 only run for a month. how many rms will it be puting out to my Q

and how does that kicker look at 2 ohms? the one were i posted the link two times

i don't even want to list the amount of equipment i've gone through in the past 2 years, i change every few months because i want to try something different. It played for 6 months fine, then i sold it and the avas, got two butler tube amps, then i had mark antony, and now the belle, and now i'm thinking of switching up again. the amp is perfectly stable at 1/2 ohm. I repeat, the amp is perfectly stable at 1/2 ohm, it also works fine at .5ohm :-D

once again, if you would have read the above post, expect 1200-1400W which is more than sufficient. you will be fine with an orion 1200d at a half ohm load.

there are no specs for the orion at 1/2 ohm, the factory did not list it at that impedance and as far as i know nobody has benched it at that. That is why i say expect 1200-1400. The amp does an easy 1200W @ 1ohm, closer to 1400 in most cases, but it really won't make a damn bit of difference to your ear.