sundownz

Sundown Audio SD-1 Woofers

New woofers from Sundown Audio... the first run, which is available now, is a test run to see how these woofers stand with customers. I really like them myself and am proud to offer them. These woofers are 100% made in the USA of as many USA sourced parts as possible in a top quality factory. Sundown Audio will be offering the same warranty on our speakers as our amps -- 2 years limited / 5 year discounted replacement and the same applies to these even if they do *not* stay on board as a permanent product.

If these are well received more will be built and they will stay on board as a permanent addition. These will be one notch below the "E Series" woofers previously discussed. The first run has no logos at all... if I keep these on as a permanent addition they will have a logo from the next run on.

PARAMETERS AND ENCLOSURE SPECS:

SD-1 10" / SD-1 12"

RMS: 200 watts / 200 watts

Max: 350 watts / 400 watts

Z: 8 ohms / 8 ohms

Re: 6.93 ohms / 7.03 ohms

Fs: 25 Hz / 26 Hz

Qms: 8.8 / 10.83

Qes: 0.36 / 0.53

Qts: 0.34 / 0.51

VAS: 67 L / 100 L

BL: 17.5 NA / 17.0 NA

MSRP: $110 / $125

Enclosure recommendation is:

0.5 - 0.75 ft^3 sealed on the 10"

0.75 - 1.0 ft^3 sealed on the 12"

1.00 - 1.25 ft^3 @ 30 - 35 Hz Ported on the 10"

1.75 - 2.25 ft^3 @ 30 - 35 Hz Ported on the 12"

These are both 8 ohm coils designed to work as a pair with the SAX-100.2 amplifier. They are very efficient and will do exceptionally well with that amount of power.

PICTURES:

SD-1_10_Cone.jpg

* 10" SD-1 Cone

SD-1_10_Back.jpg

* 10" SD-1 Back Profile

SD-1_10_Side.jpg

*10" SD-1 Side Profile

SD-1_12_Cone.jpg

* 12" SD-1 Cone

SD-1_12_Back.jpg

* 12" SD-1 Back Profile

SD-1_12_Side.jpg

* 12" SD-1 Side Profile

Good looking subs. :)

They are made to be a no-nonsense woofer for a good price :) I have been playing with them for a while but kept them quiet as a suprise announcement! I really want to try a pair of the 12" models IB in a rear deck.

The "E Series" is still coming... but I needed these sooner due to the extremely shallow depth. I was seeing a LARGE demand for a good shallow mount 10" woofer and decided to do a 12" version as well.

They are made to be a no-nonsense woofer for a good price :) I have been playing with them for a while but kept them quiet as a suprise announcement! I really want to try a pair of the 12" models IB in a rear deck.

The "E Series" is still coming... but I needed these sooner due to the extremely shallow depth. I was seeing a LARGE demand for a good shallow mount 10" woofer and decided to do a 12" version as well.

That is true, the QTS of the 12 looks to be good for IB or nice sealed. SSA needs to do a 10" sub challenge and 18" sub challenge too for that matter.

These might wok out great for what I have planed for my Chrysler 300 install.

Edited by rickyharrisjr

These might wok out great for what I have planed for my Chrysler 300 install.

Let me know if you will be needing some :)

they look good Jacob!

i think thats the bundle time for two SD-1 + 100.2 ;) dont u think?

i hope to get them shipped over here for testing aswell ;)

price looking good aswell!

Rony has his first shipment of amps now, I am hoping that things do well in Israel for him :)

I will have more woofers following soon... I am still working on the "E Series" mentioned before as one step up from these. I have other ideas in the pipeline as well, should be very interesting!