Sign in to follow this  
lee

SECURING YOUR SUBWOOFER

Mainly for the bigger heavier 18 inchers but not excluding other sizes.I'm curious to see what you use.Bolts,screws,clamps etc.Do you switch from screws to bolts at certain weights and so on.

are you talking sub to box or box to car?? i use the largest t-nuts i can fit into the mounting holes to secure the sub to the box. i also use about 6 (usually) L brackets to hold the box to a wooden piece that i bolt to the floor of my car.

stop with the all caps, no need to shout.

I use EZ locks on drivers as small as my tweeters all the way up to beefy subs.

:puzzled: pics please Edited by Lord Baccus

My appolagies M5 I was trying to advertise this thread to quicker responses

My appolagies M5 I was trying to advertise this thread to quicker responses

It is most definitely obnoxious and not necessary though. Your thread is not more important than others and by shouting I am sure you are going to get less responses instead of more.

Link to EZ Loks

broken link...

edit: stupid Grainger website

Go here:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/start.shtml

and search for Grainger part # 4ZU89

I'm sorry you misunderstood me. I wasn't yelling or anything,it was simply to catch viewers eyes.I dont know why people get upset when others use 'caps' for things.I guess I'm too old to know why that is.Didn't mean to offend you bro & I'm not mad at you otherwise.If there's something else I'm doing wrong pm me and we'll work it through.I don't want hardships w/people for doing things i'm not aware of .Hope nobody gets me wrong again thanks

ever tried building your sub into the enclosure? for instance when you go to build the front baffle or the baffle the subs are mounted on rather... bolt the subs in top and bottom with some all thread of just regular bolts for instance. just an idea. i myself havent but just something to ponder about lol! you dont have to worry about anyone taking them too quickly thats for sure!

"bolt the subs in top and bottom with some all thread of just regular bolts for instance"

ummm...what?

allthread would need a bolt on the outside for it to hold tight, and regular bolts could be unscrewed.

Sign in to follow this