Sign in to follow this  
armandomacedo

Which motor is better

Are you trying to find out what will be better in your car, louder, cleaner, or just curious about the specs themselves? I'm just trying to understand if you are equating motor to sq or spl or a mixture of both or what. Thanks.

I have the opportunity to by one or the other then recone it. I'm looking for LSQ and i'm not trying to get down to spec just what would produce better sounding output. Im not sure if I want to to go this route though or just get buy some used subs.

Honestly, for what you're looking for I wouldn't be considering either of those motors.

because sql isn't an appropiate abreviation. lsq is :)

SQL is a ghey term someone came up with to describe something that doesn't exist. Either you want loud or sq they are inverses of each other. LSQ means you want SQ but are going to let it wang. From your posts I'd actually guess you want an SPL sub that you can run daily. There is a huge difference.

"Sound Quality Loud" and "Loud Sound Quality" are the same thing.

And they're both ghey because they don't say what kind of sound quality you're after. chitty sound quality, harsh sound quality, grainy sound quality.....

SQL=LSQ

And to the OP, I'd pick the BTL, but they will both get loud. I've never heard a 95series, but I've heard the BTL sounds better.

Edited by dopey

Everyone says the BTLs are better sounding daily than the DDs. I have 2 btls 18s, and they sounded better than a friends 12s I heard earlier. Honestly better than almost every setup I've heard lately. How much power do you have to work with-because the fi BL will handle about 2k daily and sounds good, and the BTL will handle quite a bit more than that. From my personal experience (having pretty much none with DD) I'd go with Fi.

chitty sound quality, harsh sound quality, grainy sound quality.....

Neither of those things are indicative of the word "quality".

S-Q-L is a compromise, plain and simple, in the context it's used in. Having an overpowering substage is totally different than having a front stage that has earsplitting dynamics, yet stays true to the recording.

chitty sound quality, harsh sound quality, grainy sound quality.....

Neither of those things are indicative of the word "quality".

S-Q-L is a compromise, plain and simple, in the context it's used in. Having an overpowering substage is totally different than having a front stage that has earsplitting dynamics, yet stays true to the recording.

Quality has several definitions.

It can mean a specific attribute...or...it can mean superiority.

I tend to think of something having SEVERAL qualities...one of which may pertain to sound being "grainy", "complex", or "disorienting".....but that doesn't mean they sound GOOD.

Thats what I'm talking about.

SQL=LSQ IFAIK...or care.