Quick question. I currently own a Kicker L7 and am looking to get a new system. I'm thinking of getting two 12' MTX 8500's with a 1,000 watt amp. I can get them for $110 each through MTX, which is why I'm really not looking at other brands though they may be a little better. I'm a metal head so I'll be putting them in a sealed enclosure. I'm told these will hit hard but will also stay clean which is what I'm going for. Does anyone own or have any experience with these subs? Am I crazy to not get them for the price? Would I be better off getting Kicker CVX's for $20 more? Any feedback would be great.

That is a crazy cheap price.

:+1: that price is freakin cheap.

i have a single 12 in a ported box and its a little lacking in the 60-150 Hz range. handles the lows pretty well and is pretty capable of avoiding distortion. im putting 688rms to mine and it has no trouble. in a sealed box they would sound pretty good for what your wanting. with metal you will have plenty of rapid double bass and these things in a sealed enclosure would sound nice and tight. i would normally reccomend other brands since im not too sold on the MTX but with that price i would go for it

and its a little lacking in the 60-150 Hz range.

As it should be, no sub should be playing above 80Hz anyway...

i have one...but the cone is stuck. :( do you know anyone that can get it fixed for me?

and its a little lacking in the 60-150 Hz range.

As it should be, no sub should be playing above 80Hz anyway...

I even puke at 80.