Sign in to follow this  
pimpedout97x

crossover for behringer ep1500

That'd do the job; Rane and DBX also make better quality units.

I'd shudder to think about the crossover parts needed for a passive sub Xover, those inductors would be the size of donuts :)

LOL!

the only thing i dont like about this amp is the clipping....if u put the gains too high, it clips like a mo fo!

also, im pretty set on 2 mj-18's for this amp, (8 ohm) to make a 4 ohm load, 1400w rms @ 4 ohm, about 700w each, should be PLENTY loud in my room. my room is SMALL AS HELL too. who wants to design me a box? i want them downfiring, the port too i guess, it not who cares, but im gonna use the box as a table, so ill need to brace it good so nothing vibrates lol.

Any amp will do that...

no...this amp clips hella easy....i mean easy.

I can make any amp clip easily, it's just a function of the input voltage :)

You need either powered preamp outputs or a line output converter to convert the speaker level output to line level.

That crossover would work, I had that one and I was never very fond of it though. You can find a RANE on ebay for the same price too, just be sure the crossover has a sub out. The ideal situation would be from a preamp to the crossover, then the crossover to the amp(s). You are going to need XLR cables for this setup as well.

I run a Pioneer VSX-1014 into a Behringer EP-2500 and have no clipping problems at all. The input levels on the EP-2500 are set at max (like they should be on any pro amp) and adjust the levels of my LFE at the receiver. If I pushed it to clipping, the output would reach the unbearable levels. My wife is already asking me to turn it down.

-Robert

It's a seven channel receiver.

7 chn of stereo is sort of like the front stage in your exploder :D

i.e. no stage

What is this? The Playa Hata's Ball?

Lollerskates.

JimJ, I understand what he means about the clipping. While getting any amp into clipping is always possible - the Behringer units do not clip gracefully. There is no "soft clipping" with the Behringer like many other professional amps. Once you start clipping it goes to chit.

Thankfully they work perfectly well up to that point.

Robert, it is not SOP to set all pro amps at maximum gain. You either aren't reaching high output levels or your input signal is not significant

Edited by Tommythecat

Robert, it is not SOP to set all pro amps at maximum gain. You either aren't reaching high output levels or your input signal is not significant
Since this is my first pro amp, I'm just following the recommendations from HT Guide, DIY section. It is moderated by a guy named Jon Marsh who was involved with the design of the Crown K series pro amps.

-Robert

I would check again because:

1) DIY is overripe in absolutes (such as - always set x amp to maximum gain). Really more like a bloating, pox-infestation if you asked me.

2) I dont recall JonMarsh ever working directly with Crown. Its more likely he worked on component design third-party instead of any whole design. This just comes off the top of my head from reading Htguide and much of the "work" he has done(aka job-wise).

BTW, you might find me on their stepping on people's toes and crushing people's dreams trying to bring them back to reality. Its something I find frustrating and necessary in all forms of the DIY audio community.

Jon, Thomas and the rest of that crew have a lot of experience and I take their recommendations.

As for my input signal, I'm driving my EP-2500 with a Pioneer receiver. Using both the MCACC auto calibration and Video Essentials audio calibration with a Radio Shack SPL meter, I have the LFE output set at -2. It works great and provides the best bass I have ever heard. Now, I shouldn't have stated that as fact. Turning it up to "11" works in my case.

-Robert

I didn't mean to say that just the DIY section of Htguide has its absolutes; more of an in-general DIY "head-in-the-sand" culture. Although it breeds from those that only wish to know the surface level of things.

I respect Jon, Thomas, and some of the others - although I differ in how I approach audio (attempting to establish goals and design toward them instead of starting from the drivers).

I've got the pioneer vsx 1015tx, and im tryin to hook up a QSC RMX2450 to the sub out, but apparently the QSC doesnt find any signal from the Sub out, so i guess im gonna have to used the speaker level, and convert it to line level? someone care to explain to me how i should be running this sub? (feels like a noob) this is my first venture into running pro sound with HT.