Sign in to follow this  
static

Q12 or SSD12

Will be giving either one 1100 watts of a memphis Belle

Go with a Q12 (stock) or

SSD12 with copper coils and the BP option?

I'm leaning towards the SSD just cause I haven't tried it and I've owned a Q12 (and loved it) but you know gotta try something new sometimes.

I'd rather go with the Q.

Why do you suggest that specifically over the SSD?

I guess I should say that whichever sub I get will be in 1 cube sealed enclosure. (after disp.)

Still the Q?

But why not the SSD (with options)?

I think you're right where you need to be with the ssd imho.Are you trying to save a couple bucks going the ssd route?

I think you're right where you need to be with the ssd imho.Are you trying to save a couple bucks going the ssd route?

Well I would save a few bucks anyway, 25 dollars to be exact with the SSD and the options, that helps, but I think its wanting to try something different and I keep searching and reading about the ssd and the options and I like it.

What advantages does the Q have over the beefed up SSD? Is it louder, lower, more accurate?

Q will take teh power better.

Well is that important in this situation, the BP option will increase power handling 200-500 Watts depending on the application.

Stock Q will be fine off of that amp.

Yes the Q12 did do well off that amp when I had one. That is why I'm considering one again, I was just looking to try something different and get opinions on differences between the beefed up SSD and the stock Q.

Sign in to follow this