Sign in to follow this  
flakko

LOokit my new tweetzorZ!!

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=628

^^^ right there. worth about 2-3x more than the price tag IMO.

dang man, after a half hour joy ride around town, i would have to say these tweets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rainbow cal 25's. they dont pronounce the acoustic guitar string pluck as well as the cal25, but these suckas are a heckuva lot more detailed, fuller sound and blend better with my AA mids. i kept wanting to drive around listening to more and more music...unfortunately my ride has come to an end :(

ill have a full review up hopefully after i get more listening done.

what are you using for a cross over at this point jeremy?

and are those silk or metal, I assume metal.. but I second guess myself looking at those pics.

what are you using for a cross over at this point jeremy?

and are those silk or metal, I assume metal.. but I second guess myself looking at those pics.

the xover point is 2.6khz 12db/octave passive a/d/s xover, and yeaup they are metal!

z0mg i w0nder if th3y'r3 l0ud3r tHaN teH 3min3nc3s!!!!!11!111!1one!11!!1!eleven!1!11111!!!!!

hahahaha i didnt mean to do the 1337 sp34k...it came out naturally?

They look almost as ugly as the DLS Nobeliums :P:

Good stuff.

were's the titanium dome?

lol

dang man, after a half hour joy ride around town, i would have to say these tweets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rainbow cal 25's.

While I like that tweet and haven't heard the cal 25 I really, really do not think it is fair to compare the two using some arbitrary bastardized passive crossover. I am not saying I don't want to hear your reaction but please do realize that your crossover is leaving an order of magnitude of potential improvement not being used. You really should start playing in the active world.

dang man, after a half hour joy ride around town, i would have to say these tweets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the rainbow cal 25's.

While I like that tweet and haven't heard the cal 25 I really, really do not think it is fair to compare the two using some arbitrary bastardized passive crossover. I am not saying I don't want to hear your reaction but please do realize that your crossover is leaving an order of magnitude of potential improvement not being used. You really should start playing in the active world.

i know. i really should go active..... ive been contemplating it for a year ever since i got rid of my SLC's. i WANT to go active, but the difficulty of even installing extra speaker wires (thats all thats really holding me back) outweighs the contentness i have with my front stage right now. or maybe somewhere down the line where i can get someone to help take my seats out again ill do it. but for now, no active.

comparing both of the tweeters using the same crossover IS fair...i'm just using the same crossover, and thats how they individually perform paired with it. I may not be using either of the tweeters to thier full potential but in this particular environment, the Seas outperforms the Cal25.

comparing both of the tweeters using the same crossover IS fair...i'm just using the same crossover, and thats how they individually perform paired with it. I may not be using either of the tweeters to thier full potential but in this particular environment, the Seas outperforms the Cal25.

I wholeheartedly disagree, it is not fair unless they have identical impedance curves. You are comparing them with a bastardized crossover and not anywhere near optimum. Your crossover points are completely different between the two as well as response efficiencies. It is far from a fair comparison. The thing I can agree with and would expect anyways is your comment about their performance in this "particular environment".

Running another set of speaker wires, gas tank or not really can't take that long. :doit:

I wholeheartedly disagree, it is not fair unless they have identical impedance curves.

true true. i hath forgotten to take that into consideration. i stand corrected :)

Running another set of speaker wires, gas tank or not really can't take that long. :doit:

its a pain in the butt to take the seats out...it really is running through the gas taink isnt that much of a hassle, its taking those dang seats out. :Doh:

at least you got me into looking fro xovers and eq's for when i DO take my seats out. i thank you for the motivation. :)

come on Jeremy, just pull that damn seats already, who needs 'em :P

I wholeheartedly disagree, it is not fair unless they have identical impedance curves.

true true. i hath forgotten to take that into consideration. i stand corrected :)

its a pain in the butt to take the seats out...it really is running through the gas taink isnt that much of a hassle, its taking those dang seats out. :Doh:

at least you got me into looking fro xovers and eq's for when i DO take my seats out. i thank you for the motivation. :)

Not trying to beat you up, nor am I trying to tell you to not do the review, just want to make sure that you outline what you did exactly when you do.

Out of all people on here, I am sure I have the biggest Seas boner so its not that I don't want you to say they are nice. :)

I have the textile dome version of those, but have not had the chance or time to start cutting up the civic doors yet.