soundmekanixdan

CAMP SOUNDMEKANIXDAN

Finally got started the other day on the wall build, mainly just measurements and taking body panels out....here are some of the pics so far, I should be adding more at the end of each week until its done....also added some sound deadener tonight....anyway, here are the pics...

nopanels001.jpg

nopanels010.jpg

nopanels003.jpg

nopanels010.jpg

nopanels008.jpg

nopanels009.jpg

only put the sound deadener on the front half of the roof (2 layers), more will come i hope

Dan

Finally got started the other day on the wall build, mainly just measurements and taking body panels out....here are some of the pics so far, I should be adding more at the end of each week until its done....also added some sound deadener tonight....anyway, here are the pics...

nopanels001.jpg

nopanels010.jpg

nopanels003.jpg

nopanels010.jpg

nopanels008.jpg

nopanels009.jpg

only put the sound deadener on the front half of the roof (2 layers), more will come i hope

Dan

Where are you from? I would like to see the build in person. I am also working on a build for my van. I already took out the seats and welded a platform together for the speakers. I am putting 4 BL 15's and 2 Lanzar Opti 4000D's in there.

I will be sure to post pics of my wall build although much less extreme, as mine is a trunk wall to keep me in Street A for dB drag. Keep us updated, put a build log in the build log section of the SSA forum.

I'm from WI, you?

SC

What part of SC? I'm here in MB.

Orangeburg. If you don't mind me asking what kind of setup do you have.

Making the big home depot run tomorrow - 2x4's, mdf, bolts, screws - and lots of them!!! I'll try to get the pics up as soon as I can - might not be till later tomorrow night though.

Got the base done last night, it doesnt look like much, but we actually got a lot done, here's a couple pics.....

base012.jpg

Jeremy Weber on the left taking some measurements for my base, Josh Mertzig in the background

base004.jpg Jeremy - you're the man. Thanks for all the help.

base010.jpg

base011.jpg

base008.jpg

base007.jpg

base006.jpg

base009.jpg

the table saw used to cut the boards

base001-1.jpg

base003.jpg

5 big sheets of mdf, and you cant see them all but 16 2x4's (about 6ft each

....a long way to go but its a start, more pics tomorrow....

Looking good, keep the pix coming.

The one problem that we're having is we have to make the port pretty big.....I'm 6'5" and the only way I can fit in the car with the wall (still have to daily drive it) is to basically sit in the port....and the only way I can do that is to make the port just big enough to be able to lean my seat back into it.....its well over 300 sq according to the last measurements - closer to 400sq in......might be too much for the 18" BL's.....we'll see I guess

if you can find a way to recline comfortably in the port like that, mad props. i think it will be awesome. its all lookin good though...

Hey Dan, you have my number, give me a call I have a couple ideas.

Shawn

I'll do that, I'll try and get a moer precise estimate as to how big the port is actually going to be, I HAVE to be able to sit a little inside it though, i'll give you a call this weekend. Can't wait to get 'em playing.

heres some more pics of the recent changes to the wall to get it ready for bass race world finals...pics are with 18" BL's, BTL's going in for finals...also new amps - 2 x Kicker 2500's, new batts - 4 x Optima g31 bluetops, and several more layers of wood and 2x4's etc etc.....

pic of the wall before all the recent work...

baffle006.jpg

btls003.jpg

still needs another layer of paint....not sure if we'll get to it or not before finals, but hey pretty doesnt make it loud!

more pics...

the Bl's look huge in this pic...i cant imagine what the BTL's are going to look like!!....

btls004.jpg

btls007.jpg

BTL pics....

btls009.jpg

btls008.jpg

Edited by soundmekanixdan

Did you do any internal bracing before the resin? Like some 2x2's on the seams or anything?

Also.. are you going to add some better shocks out back to carry all that extra weight? 4 batteries, two 18's and a shit ton of wood has got to be pretty heavy.

Looks good nonetheless.

The wall is about 6in thick in the weakest bart of the wall, and the port acts like a brace, the enclosure doesnt flex at all....cant afford different shocks before finals....she sags like crazy though, hopefully she makes it down to finals and back :-/