UNIT 6639

Recone kit question

I have a BL 10" with DVC 2 ohm coils, I am wondering how hard it is to install the recone kit FI sells to recone it to DVC 1 ohm coils. I am asking because I am now considering ordering another BL 10", but I would need a DVC 1 ohm to get my amp down to 1 ohm .

I know there are some out there that have ordered the kits from Fi, so guys, how hard was it for YOU to recone your sub with the kit??

Nothing more then gluing the spider landing down and the surround down after you align the coil...

After that glue dries you simply glue the dustcap on it and your ready to go again in a days time.

To align the coil to make sure it is centered in the gap and does not rub...

the only problem i had was the spiders elevated the surround about 1/4 inch from the basket, but that was on a tc9 motor.

Your sub will accept the other coil right?

"Universal: This option gives you the choice to later chance the impedence of your voice coils. You can change from dual 2

Does the recone kit include shims?

I found the cardboard from the bottom of a kleenex box works well for me when spacing the coil... just make sure you use atlest 4 strips and make them somewhat wide and long enough that they do not wall inside the motor and u cant get them out :) 6" + works good

Your sub will accept the other coil right?

"Universal: This option gives you the choice to later chance the impedence of your voice coils. You can change from dual 2

Its like new, when you blow a sub its usually is the coils or other soft parts that go, so you can reuse the motor with the new recone. This is an uneducated response.

It will perform like new. If it "looks" like new is up to the glue job of whoever recones it ;)

ya i had a mt reconed for a local comp for me and it actually looked quite easy (cept cutting thru the soft parts... should have hooked it to the wall and blown them out) the guy that did it used one of those yellow folders to align the coil.