super sql

whats a good amp

i am looking for an amp to power my rl-s 12. i had the kicker sx900.1 bridged but it ain't working out for me. so i moved that amp to my components and i borrowed my friend's jl 1000/1 for now. it hits nice and clean. but i want a little more power.

here are some amps i was thinking of........

mmats 2100.2 1550wrms @ 2ohms

kicker zx1500 1500wrms @ 2ohms

jl 1000/1 1000wrms @ 1.5-4ohms

kicker zx2500.1 2500wrms @ 2ohms (not sure if i want to run that much power)

are their any other amps that will work perfectly with this sub?

get the kicker and watch the gains.

the zx2500.1 will give you quite a bit of power at 4 ohm, which is where your at with a single rl-s. it'll deliver in teh neighborhood of 1200 wrms. and if you add a second rl-s, you'll be right in the sweet spot of 2 ohms and 2500wrms.

an older orion 2500d will deliver similiar power at 4 ohm, but will only deliver 1700 @ 2ohm, so adding asecond sub won't tap the full potential of the orion.

look into the sundown 3000d, ask jacob what kind of power it does at 4ohm.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

thanks guys. I AM A look in to that sundown.

also the thing is i only have a 260a ho alt and i don't want to run a large amp that will require a second battery.

also mmray, one sub is plenty. this rl-s is a beast. i ain't going for loud anymore. my bassracing days are over. lol.

i just looked at the sundown saz and it only does 800wrms @ 4ohms.

Edited by chad lee

just wanted to add my little review after listening to it for a week in a sealed box.

normal music.......the bass just blends with my component up front nicely. it almost sounds like they are as one. the bass don't over power them and is very musical.

rap/hip hop..........the bass really comes alive. it feels and sounds very nice. it fills the whole car with clean and crisp bass. what is really amazing is how flat the frequency response is. not one note is louder than the other.

i give it A++++++++++++++

thanks mmray aka kent for recomending such an awesome sub.

thanks guys. ima look in to that sundown.

also the thing is i only have a 260a ho alt and i don't want to run a large amp that will require a second battery.

also mmray, one sub is plenty. this rl-s is a beast. i ain't going for loud anymore. my bassracing days are over. lol.

i just looked at the sundown saz and it only does 800wrms @ 4ohms.

the 3000d only does 800 @ 4ohm? i need to look that up.

a 260 alt will be fine on the 2500d, remember, your only actually using 1200wrms, and at 4 ohm, it's more efficient. a lot less current is needed at 4 ohm to create 1200 watts then is needed at 1 ohm. as long as you have a good deep cycle up front, with that alt, i wouldn't hesitate to run a 2500wrms amp.

i ran my orion 2500d at .5ohm all day off a factory 105amp alt and a yellow top. with the big 3, i never had issues. it would drop to around 10 volts, but only on the big hits.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

also to add to my review.

i put the port in there and started to listen to it. the port is tuned to 28hz. it sounds good on alot of the rap songs but on rock and trance, i noticed that the lower frequencies were really coming out strong. it was getting kinda annoying cause it didn't sound too natural. so today i took the port out and cut it so now it is tuned to 34hz. after doing that i finally got the sound i wanted. i mean i am in love with this thing. i guess the car accoustics has lot to do with it cause lower tuning didn't sound right in my car. i have a accord coupe so the cabin isn't so big.

all in all i love this thing and I AM A stick with this sub. i used to run 2 btl 15s in my car so i know what loud is. i just want clean sound.

also I AM A get the mmats 3500.1 to power this sub. that way if i ever decide to run another rl-s, i am covered. :)

here are some pics of the install.

366064.jpg

366065.jpg

366066.jpg

366067.jpg

366068.jpg

Edited by chad lee