Sign in to follow this  
ramdaspadhye

2 SSD 10's in a 0.6 cu ft box in f-body

hey guys. I've got a 2000 firebird trans am that is in need of some extra bump. I currently have 1 Resonant Engineering SX 15" in a 5.5 cu ft box at 33hz in my Yukon and it sounds amazing on music and tones. I'm wanting to do the 2 10" stealth enclosures that fit into the rear pockets of the firebird. Here's what I mean...

http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm

I was wondering about the SSD 10's. Do you think they would be nice for this enclosure? I know the minimum sealed enclosure is actually 0.6 cu ft. With displacenemt, I'm assuming the final volume of the box will be around 0.4-0.5 cu ft. Is this too small for this driver? What other 10" woofer would you recommend? I'm going to be going with 2 woofers, one for each side. I'm open to recommendations.

Let me know!

Should actually work well in that. How much power are you wanting to use? Id recommend either the standard SSDs (I currently use a pair of standard 10s sealed in one of my vehicles), the copper coiled SSDs for a little deeper response and lower qtc, or the Q10s if you have more power.

Thanks,

Scott

Stuff a little polyfill in if you want, and what power will you be using?

nG

Stuff a little polyfill in if you want, and what power will you be using?

nG

Haven't really decided yet. I was just wondering what subs would work well for those enclosures, then decide how much power to run once I got the woofer down. If I'm gonna run the SSD's, I'll run between 1200 and 1500w rms to them. I was lookin at the SunDown amps and they sound really nice :) Also, gonna leave the monsoon system in for now, but upgrade later with a 4 channel and some ID chameleons on down the road

Sign in to follow this