ILuvJDM

ILuvJDM's Build Thread

Well I was trying to set the gains and my mom came and yelled at me cause it was so loud and she said not to do it at 10:30pm cause my neighbors are old, lol. This is frustrating, so I'm off the College Station to get intoxicated haha

we'll talk more tomorrow, and thanks for all the help so far you guys are great

-John

HEAD UNIT TIME!

Maybe... I really like those touch screens like the Pioneer AVIC D3. I love the way they sit flush and are so clean they look like they could be factory.

Downside: $1000 and theft.

-John

Edited by ILuvJDM

HEAD UNIT TIME!

Maybe... I really like those touch screens like the Pioneer AVIC D3. I love the way they sit flush and are so clean they look like they could be factory.

-John

I just upgraded to one in my truck, and wow, they're great, I can sell you one for $799 if you're serious about them.

HEAD UNIT TIME!

-John

I just upgraded to one in my truck, and wow, they're great, I can sell you one for $799 if you're serious about them.

I'll have to think about it and get back to you sometime, but I'll let you know regardless

-John

Is there anything I can do with a DMM to see what kinda voltage my HU is producing?

-John

Try turning the LPF up a little bit. You might have it crossed over too low, and it is cutting a lot of bass out.

Try turning the LPF up a little bit. You might have it crossed over too low, and it is cutting a lot of bass out.

yep... I wish you would've posted earlier haha.

I noticed the main power wire on the battery side of the fuse wasn't connected well to the battery, so I disconnected everything and re-installed it. Then I was playing around and adjusted the LPF while the 50Hz was playing and it got louder, so that might have been the problem... I also tuned it by ear with the other speakers connected this time, and it made a huge difference in the numbers I got on the DMM. I guess it changes the output on the deck when I disconnect all the other speakers. Although they weren't 30's, I got it up to 12.xx which means something definitely changed.

The speaker is wired correctly

IMG_4254.jpg

I can feel the bass in my throat and chest now, and it may not even be using an actual 1000watts, but it's enough for me right now. Oh, and I was beating on the sub pretty hard, and I felt the sub and it wasn't warm and I didn't smell anything out of the ordinary so I guess it's ok. The amp was pretty warm, but that's normal

thanks for all the help you guys have given me I think I got it figured out. Although I don't need a HU, I still want that Pioneer touchscreen :ghost:

-John

Edited by ILuvJDM

great to hear you have it figured out, any new vids in the near future?

I'll try again, but I don't think my digi cam takes enough FPS to capture it... If I can get my hands on a real camcorder, I'll definitely get some vids. Any song recommendations?

-John

oh ya, I miced mine today, here's the results

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=10000

damn. Do you have to have sound deadening and all that to achieve high db numbers? I'd like to see what mine does, I know MrRay13 did 132, but I'm not sure what kind of deadening he has and so forth.

The ICON is making a name for itself real quick.

-John

I did deaden my back hatch, but thats it. Seems to make a small difference for me. All it will take for the ICON to start selling like crazy is a few more to buy them. They speak for them selves, glad you like!

Glad it is straight now!

I think I need to build for a pair of 10's and show what numbers they can do, even though that is not the intent of the driver.

Glad it is straight now!

I think I need to build for a pair of 10's and show what numbers they can do, even though that is not the intent of the driver.

lol you SQ guys..

oh im one of them kinda..

I'v been running it over in my mind to try the 10 in a sealed box in my dakota reg cab..

I will keep you posted on that..

I liked the 15's cant bring myself to cut the cab sorry Mark no (2) 15's ported for me..

I liked the 15's cant bring myself to cut the cab sorry Mark no (2) 15's ported for me..

psshhh, amatuer, lol

I understand, I guess you can't get your skirt dirty that way :)

psshhh, amatuer, lol

I understand, I guess you can't get your skirt dirty that way :)

Keep it on topic or I'll find away to get you banned!!

Like the install man but Im with the other guys. time for a new HU..

Peace Troy

I think I know a guy who can do banning ;)

I think I know a guy who can do banning ;)

Oh Yeah... =-)

:ohsnap::wtf:

oh ya, I miced mine today, here's the results

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...showtopic=10000

damn. Do you have to have sound deadening and all that to achieve high db numbers? I'd like to see what mine does, I know MrRay13 did 132, but I'm not sure what kind of deadening he has and so forth.

The ICON is making a name for itself real quick.

-John

i've got deadening on my roof and that's about it. save a little in each door.

troy, you want that ssaudio guy banned? jsut say the word bro!!

hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I'm gonna wait for my o-scope to come in before I do a review so that I know everything is up to par. I'll keep you guys posted

-John

Glad it is straight now!

lol you SQ guys..

I'v been running it over in my mind to try the 10 in a sealed box in my dakota reg cab..

No room for a ported box for the 10" on the smaller end of the spectrum ?

I'm gonna wait for my o-scope to come in before I do a review so that I know everything is up to par. I'll keep you guys posted

-John

:woot:

Glad it is straight now!

lol you SQ guys..

No room for a ported box for the 10" on the smaller end of the spectrum ?

Small ported and 10" is usually as big as a ported 12. Stupid long ports.