djjdnap

SPL SUBS

Ok so they have these so called SPL subs right like Re's new MT or treo's CSX right, ok so i was looking at them and then was told they were no for everyday listening.... :blink: ..What the hell does that mean, to me it makes it seem like if i'm not giving it a constant tone or something, the sub will mess up, dont really see how but thats what it seems like, now if they meant that it would be to loud for everyday listening...i'm game, that just means my car would be one loud SOB...just kinda stumped on this not for everyday listening thing...

many high end SPL subs dont have the cooling that a normal sub would

that make since, they take alot but can't handle it for long periods

well, i guess people wt audiobahn feel the same way, i'm not a big sq fan anyway

antithesis? lol damn

yea i dont care about sq anyway, but enough of this babble, i'm not getting the mt or treo becuase i will burn the sub up listining to it for 48 hours a day, since i live in my car witch sits on the moon , where there is no such thing as time...

High SPL subs have VERY tight magnetic gaps. This coupled with stiff motor structure and (for most) high Vas make a poor SQ sub. Some are down right pitiful for daily use. The MTX RFL is a good example. The coils have a tendency to unwind after heavy use. High Bl and Low Mms can be good for SQ. There are just too many factors that go with it to say those are all bad. I hear the Treo CSX can sound pretty good. I know the DD 9515's can.

yea for the price of those DD they better sound nice, or at least break a window, we won't even bring up that other exspensive ass sub, which i can obvioously see you like already...SQ sissy... And quit talking like some guy from the audio store and speak regular. sq, bl, spl, sec, vas,sen....like i know what half of that stuff is even for right, :o hmm actaully i do, but hey it's early in the morn over here i should be sleep... <_<

I actually do like SQ but I also like SPL. Two different cars for that though. No loud daily for me. I would never buy a CSX by the way. I am no SQ sissy either! I just purchesed a pair of Atomic APX's. NO WAY do these things sound good for daily driving! Now my Crystal CMP and CMPx2 is a different story.

Y'all better stop with your SQ sissy bashing before I come over there and whip you with my wet knickers ...

I actually do like SQ but I also like SPL.  Two different cars for that though.  No loud daily for me.  I would never buy a CSX by the way.  I am no SQ sissy either!  I just purchesed a pair of Atomic APX's.  NO WAY do these things sound good for daily driving!  Now my Crystal CMP and CMPx2 is a different story.

how do you know they " no way" sound good? the reason alot of spl woofer dont sound well it what was exlained before the strong motor and stiff suspension, give it a "high tuned" sound imo. but thats kinda like how al lthe real sq car i have heard sound..kinda like an 18 in .5 cu ft....to a point most every woofer will play music well enough, and most people are a looking for bass for crusing around and dropping lows will be happy with them , now these guys who claim to be able ot hear the differance from a 6.5 being 1inch form perfect alignment and listen to classical or whatever just to hear the mids crispness..they will disagree...but i can say from experiance..a street cruiser who likes to bump around ..wouldnt like the sound of a real sq car.... :slayer:

Edited by SplMagician

:boxin: NOW WHAT :finger::slayer:

those are beautiful, I wish I was running enough power for them

I had an SPL 12 inch sub in my truck. It enclosed in a down firing box with 1.65 cubic feet of air space. I am powering it with an Alpine M301. I have blown this sub three times now with this setup and i'm not sure if this sub is right for my setup. I got the sub for free but now i've used up all my free returns, do you guys have any suggestions to what i should replace it with. I need something that will handle 350 watts rms and work nicely with about 1.65 cubic feet of air space.

I had an SPL 12 inch sub in my truck.  It enclosed in a down firing box with 1.65 cubic feet of air space.  I am powering it with an Alpine M301.  I have blown this sub three times now with this setup and i'm not sure if this sub is right for my setup.  I got the sub for free but now i've used up all my free returns, do you guys have any suggestions to what i should replace it with.  I need something that will handle 350 watts rms and work nicely with about 1.65 cubic feet of air space.

memphis m3

soundsplinter rl-i

soundsplinter rl-p

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: