Sign in to follow this  
Croz

Fiberglassing...

i am going to fiberglass my entire trunk to fit 2 12" Magnums, what are common molding materials used for fiberglassing, i was trying cardboard but i figured out thats not going to work very well......

help

Alot of people use MDF rings for the woofer cut-out area and do a basic frame with strips of MDF and/or dowels then stretch fabric over it.

Actually, I used cardboard for my rear seat delete cover. Just cut and folded it to shape, covered it with a couple layers of glass, then carpet and all was good. I wouldn't use it for enclosure building though.

yeah i frame mine w/ mdf and then i streach like a old t-shirt over it or something like that.

how hard is it to glass a box? getting it shaped right, determining the volume ect.

and how much would it cost? eventually I want to make a custom box amp rack and I'll be running a brahma if I can find a second job for the $$$

Edited by foolioGrimz

Fiberglass boxes get expensive. The Resin is the most expensive part by far, and mat gets expensive if you make the box very thick. Plus all the brushes and other misc tools you need. Determining the volume can be tricky... but you can estimate and even within a 10% or so tolerance is barely if at all audible even in ported box.