Sign in to follow this  

ok i had 2 mmats 3500.5 but those where lost(plz dont ask I still what to kill the wife) so i need to get 3 amps for 3 d1 btl 18 fully loaded but stay under 2100 bucks for all 3 to my door

any ideas

Edited by yjblitz

my buget just whent up from $2100 to $2500 does anyone have any ideas what i can get and where

Rockford Fosgate Power T20001bd $775 ish new each on ebay is in your budget.2600-2800 wrms @1ohm average.2200ish @2ohm, I noticed you said d1 not d2

saz 3000D maybe ?

that's what i say....

but you may have to add a bit more to that budget...

contact Aaron or mark for a price quote...

The issue with the 3000D is that it is not warrantied below 1ohm. And I would not feel comfortable selling someone an amp that they would run below recommended. It is strange, there seems to be a growing need for power @ 2ohms recently.

The issue with the 3000D is that it is not warrantied below 1ohm. And I would not feel comfortable selling someone an amp that they would run below recommended. It is strange, there seems to be a growing need for power @ 2ohms recently.

denim sundownz test was run at .6ohm whith a 1.something rise i think. is it that 1/2ohm's not recomended for daily

Basically Aaron/ SSA's concern is making sure that you are fully aware/ comfortable with knowing that you are buying the amp without any warranty. The amps draw a lot of current... I mean a lot. Over 300 amperes @ .5 ohms. each. You are talking about needing 5 200 amp alternators to make these amps happy.

My suggestion would be 2 saz-3000d's strapped to the 1.5 ohm final nominal impedance. set the gains carefully and add another alt if room allows to run a dual alt, (300 ampere alts).

denim sundownz test was run at .6ohm whith a 1.something rise i think. is it that 1/2ohm's not recomended for daily

I think your mixing up the DCR (Direct current resistance of the drivers voice coil at rest) and Nominal Impedance (approximate designed impedance under certain conditions)....

Denim i didn't even catch that he had Dual 1ohm Subs

Edited by theabunai

Basically Aaron/ SSA's concern is making sure that you are fully aware/ comfortable with knowing that you are buying the amp without any warranty. The amps draw a lot of current... I mean a lot. Over 300 amperes @ .5 ohms. each. You are talking about needing 5 200 amp alternators to make these amps happy.

My suggestion would be 2 saz-3000d's strapped to the 1.5 ohm final nominal impedance. set the gains carefully and add another alt if room allows to run a dual alt, (300 ampere alts).

so even if get the amps installed by a sundown dealer no warranty (that sux) if there run at .5ohm? as for elec. i have a powermaster alt /2-1800's(up front)/5-2400's (in the back) what more would i need to run the 3000's

so even if get the amps installed by a sundown dealer no warranty (that sux) if there run at .5ohm? as for elec. i have a powermaster alt /2-1800's(up front)/5-2400's (in the back) what more would i need to run the 3000's

Do you know of ANY amp company that'll warranty below 1 ohm? Sundown used to, but too many people were stupid with 'em, and long story short, they decided to pull the .5 ohm warranty. As for your electrical, what amps does your alt put out? It looks like you should be fine to run these with the batteries you have, as long as your alt. is putting out a decent amount.

There is a difference between an amp getting warrantied at 1/2 ohm and an amp capable of 1/2 ohm...

With the right electrical (which it seems you may have it) those amps can run that low (in fact the old 1/2 ohm policy was only good if you had the right electrical so i suspect these aps can do it)... Just know when to say when on the gain and volume knobs, have proper cooling for the amps (all around open area) and honestly I haven't seen many amps from Jacob that needed to use the warranty...

just my opinion though.... Aaron (denim) as a seller obviously cares about his customers, not like some places who will sell you a 4 ohm stable mono amp and tell you it can be run a 1/4 ohm SEND YOUR MONEY NOW LOL.....

There is a difference between an amp getting warrantied at 1/2 ohm and an amp capable of 1/2 ohm...

With the right electrical (which it seems you may have it) those amps can run that low (in fact the old 1/2 ohm policy was only good if you had the right electrical so i suspect these aps can do it)... Just know when to say when on the gain and volume knobs, have proper cooling for the amps (all around open area) and honestly I haven't seen many amps from Jacob that needed to use the warranty...

just my opinion though.... Aaron (denim) as a seller obviously cares about his customers, not like some places who will sell you a 4 ohm stable mono amp and tell you it can be run a 1/4 ohm SEND YOUR MONEY NOW LOL.....

:)