Sign in to follow this  
Yang

Elemental Design Nine.1 vs Sundown SAE 1000D

after lots of time reading and learning i have come down to these two amps... give me your thoughts on these two goin head to head... i will be making a decision in a couple of weeks. i have stock 80 amp alt and battery...

thanks for ur inputs

-Yang

I would just look at the internals of the two amps and go from there. It should be pretty simple to see what wins after that.

I dont know what the SAE puts out at 12.5 volts, but I know the 9.1 does its max rms at 12.5, with that said, its power hungry as hell!

I had some dimming when I had my 9.1 in the car, I upgraded to a kx 2500.1 and the dimming is gone????

Power hungry 9.1 FTL, its still a solid amp though!

I have a 9.1 running my Fi Q 15 and I very pleased with the sound and power it puts out. It is very power hungry but after doing the "big 3" on my jeep i got away with out having to upgrade the alt. It sounds good and pushes the sub to its limits but It does have a rather loud and clunky sound when the amp powers on or off. probably wouldn't hear it in a trunk but it bugs me....

But I have to say If I were to do it over, I would go with the Sundown cause I like the fact that you can get a hold of someone who acually gives a chitt. Also they seem to be more respected in the car audio world and have the same great customer service as FI ;) you can't go wrong with a sundown.

Elemental Designs Nine.1

inside1.jpg

Sundown Audio SAE-1000D

SAE-1000D_internals_LG.jpg

IMHO i would go w/ sundown just for the customer servies. I wouldnt support ED after i sent a sub in to get warrentied and never got it back and they claim a new one was sent to me but yet they couldnt provider me with a tracking number :madsign: .

okay then i guess it's gonna be sundown soon... one question you know how much is the amperage draw at 1ohm?

MAX draw would be about 92 amps on a sine wave...

I would say on music it would be right around 60 amps of draw on peak areas...

I heard a nine.1 in a scion xB......

Sounded pretty loud and low....

He was looking for a new amp.... I suggested a saz-1500d but the guy ended up getting a sae-1000 from one of the forums .... I asked him to come back so i could hear the difference... I thought he was lying and he put a 1500d in there cause the chit was loud and low as hell..... he was gonna get another sub and amp prior to buying the sae but now it's exactly what he wanted it to sound like...

Both are good amps.. sundown has the edge in my taste since i like efficiency... and as stated, Jacob has one of the best customer service you can find... not that you'll need it since sundown amps have a pretty good track record of NOT breaking down but it's good to know that if you got questions the person who had a hand in designing the thing is right there to answer them...

Elemental Designs Nine.1

inside1.jpg

Sundown Audio SAE-1000D

SAE-1000D_internals_LG.jpg

IMHO i would go w/ sundown just for the customer servies. I wouldnt support ED after i sent a sub in to get warrentied and never got it back and they claim a new one was sent to me but yet they couldnt provider me with a tracking number :madsign: .

No brainer. Not in the same ballpark in anyway whatsoever. I would never do any business with eD either, way too shady.

Value Electronics, wooo.

I had an Avionixx 800.2 when I first started, didn't have an issue with it but some had a nice habit of their Tripath chips failing...

Sign in to follow this