Sign in to follow this  
flakko

Sundown SD-1 v2 pix

I thought this woofer's basket was gonna be purple ish, but the blue is just sexy. the dustcap = sexorz. very well built woofer. the 2nd one is comin in tonight

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

so umm whats the cone made of? and whats with the shineyness?

Great speaker, made in the USA. Hope to have a chance to try one out.

Great pics man............can't wait for the review

The cone is a heavy duty poly -- the coating on the back, aka: "shineyness," goes up onto the surround to strengthen the foam, increase the glue joint strength, add a little bit of mass, and stiffen it up a bit to lower the VAS.

woot second one came in! pix of the the new and improved "la familia" shortly

woot second one came in! pix of the the new and improved "la familia" shortly

Cool :) Weird how they got split up! Dropped them all off at the same time.

Can I see pics of the tinsels?

fa sho:

IMG_1176.jpg

imo they look kinda flimsy but with 12mm of xmax i dont think the are gonna be moving much, nor will there be any slap

A 400 watt RMS driver doesn't need leads like the FI Extreme lead package :) The way they are offset to the side and curled like that they won't slap at all. The little black glue spots are very flexible too so the lead won't be subject to stress in those areas either.

A 400 watt RMS driver doesn't need leads like the FI Extreme lead package :) The way they are offset to the side and curled like that they won't slap at all. The little black glue spots are very flexible too so the lead won't be subject to stress in those areas either.

werdup... uber attention to detail ftw

Cool Weird how they got split up! Dropped them all off at the same time.

It happens, same thing happened to me when i got my Mach 5 MJ18's. They were shipped the same day as multiple packages and one showed up a day later then the other.

Corey

Edited by SundownAudioNY

Sorry for not coming through with pics last week, but Flakko's photography skills kill mine anyway. So far, the driver is built well, and teh finish is decent. It looks like there wasn't a bunch of extra $$ spent on bling, and I like that. My backplates had a few machine marks and such, but again, no biggie. The only thing I'd like to see changed in the future is the input terminals. While I don't hate the spring-loaded terminals, they are kinda tough to use on dual-coil woofers. Maybe if they were on neighboring legs of the basket, or a block to hold both sets on one leg. It's another thing that wouldn't have been an issue, but I was using 10ag wire since that's what I had already, and it was just tough for my big hams to manipulate the wire in place. I will get pics installed in the truck when I do that, hopefully right after Christmas. I'm hoping they sound as simple and elegant as they look.

Sorry for not coming through with pics last week, but Flakko's photography skills kill mine anyway. So far, the driver is built well, and teh finish is decent. It looks like there wasn't a bunch of extra $$ spent on bling, and I like that. My backplates had a few machine marks and such, but again, no biggie. The only thing I'd like to see changed in the future is the input terminals. While I don't hate the spring-loaded terminals, they are kinda tough to use on dual-coil woofers. Maybe if they were on neighboring legs of the basket, or a block to hold both sets on one leg. It's another thing that wouldn't have been an issue, but I was using 10ag wire since that's what I had already, and it was just tough for my big hams to manipulate the wire in place. I will get pics installed in the truck when I do that, hopefully right after Christmas. I'm hoping they sound as simple and elegant as they look.

What sort of terminal do you prefer over spring loaded?

I like the RE style block terminals alot. The ones w/ the lil alen set screw, something like that would be ba. :)

Corey

I like the RE style block terminals alot. The ones w/ the lil alen set screw, something like that would be ba. :)

Corey

I despise those terminals with a PASSION!!

Nice pics flakko, finally get to see someone who knows how to work the macro button on the cam eh?

Spring Loaded terminals are great...

I hate any terminal that has anything to do with alen keys...

Edited by Jybfan04

Sign in to follow this