SPLChris

2 SPL 12's and a BIG port

This is setup temporarily until I make another box. Still working on another 4th order :) I just wanted to see how this huge port performs. I posted a buildup of the port over on caraudio.com. It's 10.75" internal diameter and it flares out to 15.5 on the large flare and I don't remember the smaller flare. Finally got the electrical system where it needs to be...HO alt, 3 new batts, and new amp. Here's the pics!

CIMG0372.jpg

CIMG0378.jpg

CIMG0379.jpg

CIMG0381.jpg

CIMG0374.jpg

CIMG0373.jpg

CIMG0380.jpg

It moves a ton of air. Juice Box is an awesome song to play :)

That is....AWESOME! haha.. What is that tuned to?

OHHHHH LAWD!!

That's huge O_O

On paper it's 5.5 cubes tuned to 40 but i think the frequency went down once I dropped it in the Jeep. It plays a lot lower and louder than I thought it would. It also helps to have 3+ kilowatts on tap :)

Holy sewer pipe batman.

x2 :lol:

Wow, nice work.

Haha that's great! :D

Maybe I'll get a mold done up that big and cast some plastic ones. Dunno if anyone would want any tho...

Get yourself metered!

There's a lot of time and effort in that port, NICE!

I noticed last year a lot of the SPL guys here were doing that... does it help? (running a monstrous port)

There's a lot of time and effort in that port, NICE!

I noticed last year a lot of the SPL guys here were doing that... does it help? (running a monstrous port)

Port area= numbers (generally)

Yes, helps a lot! Round ports are better than square ones anyway and some of the street guys have tested that a single larger port compared to 2 smaller ports has raised their score. This port has more area than three 6" and not to mention a very large flare but's it's pretty much impractical in any situation, though. There's no way I could make it fit internal unless I make the box really tall. This was just something I decided to do one day and it's worked out great. Got to do some more box mods and do some more testing. Thanks for the interest!

is the flare just added or is it;s area calculated from port dia and length needed , cuz it is wacked, lot of jig sawen glue and clamp there, very nice skill